Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The return of Suprnova?

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    http://pqrt.org/ are advertising themselves as such, seems an ok site though, anyone used it?
    Last edited by dodgy368; 04-18-2005 at 11:11 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Looks just like http://www.mininova.org/ which was started by a mod or admin of SuprNova I think...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-19-2005 at 12:12 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    http://pqrt.org/ are advertising themselves as such, seems an ok site though, anyone used it?
    not many torrents though....

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    public sites always suck. 2 many damn leechers. private trackers will al ways be better because you are forced 2 seed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SMALL public sites suck, but large ones like suprnova was and torrentspy is still can't be beat for the amount and variaty of torrents that get uploaded. Most of the people who download and don't seed are probably people who are too used to private sites and think it's a waste of time uploading when it's not going to go towards a better ratio.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    public sites always suck. 2 many damn leechers. private trackers will al ways be better because you are forced 2 seed
    more people=more people likely to seed

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    more people=more people likely to seed

Public = More people know they can leech not seed and get away with it. Bittorent sucks anyway, people will never stop leechers on Suprnova type sites.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thedazman's Avatar WaReZeR
    yeah, those sites you are connected to about 1000 peers and you get a download speed of 30K if youre lucky.

And on private trackers, youre connected to 1 peer and can get 500K.

Im never using public trackers again, unless i really really need to.

And also, most public tracker sites has popups and spyware.

Just my opinion

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I disagree. I've just used Torrentspy for a set of files that i couldn't find anywhere else, and they came down with 100+K speeds.

Sometimes forcing people to seed just means that alot of people are seeding the same thing. And it's only getting downloaded so that the people downloading it can seed it to. I'm finding it hard to keep a good ratio on some private sites since there aren't as many people looking for things, so you get a handful that are initially interested in the torrent and then nothing. So to keep seeding, I need to keep downloading..

Blaidd

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd
    I disagree. I've just used Torrentspy for a set of files that i couldn't find anywhere else, and they came down with 100+K speeds.

Blaidd
    Same here.BIG is better in this case

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast