Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK Election

Hmmmmmmmmm im not sure who i will vote for, with no MRLP candidate in my area im forced to choose between the main 3, and right now for some reason Lib Dems seem the best choice, i don't really listen to all the hardline shit there gonna do, but TB is a cawk face who does nothing but lie, MH seems wierd and looks like a pedo, and CK seems like an alright guy, non of the bitchyness of the other two and he speaks funny

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Pardon my colonial ignorance, but is voting compulsory in the UK?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    Pardon my colonial ignorance, but is voting compulsory in the UK?
    No.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    The reason I ask is that once a person registers to vote in Aussie land, that's it, they are obliged to vote at every federal election for the rest of thier natural.

There was a closed debate in parliament a few years ago, the topic of which was 'Should voting continue to be compulsory?'
    It was decided for us by the politicians that yes, the public should be made to vote, because if we were given a choice, nobody would turn up at the polls on election day.

(Side note - That very debate happened just before a small percentage of the Aussie populace suddenly converted to the Jedi religion, which excuses its followers from voting because it goes against the church's beliefs. Coincidence?)

So anyway, I'm curious to know - what's the voter turnout usually like in the UK?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    So anyway, I'm curious to know - what's the voter turnout usually like in the UK?
    I didn't know there was a dress code.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Of course there is... its the best way for political analysts to gauge trends at the polls.
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 04-23-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelinge

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i wonder if the result would be any different if everyone had to vote. i reckon a bunch of people just aren't voting because they can't trust any politicians so if they all gave the liberal pussies their vote they could win the country

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Of course there is... its the best way for political analysts to gauge trends at the polls.
    Too much danger of a tie.

I wonder how many of the MRL Party original ideas have been adopted. The 24 hour drinking is one.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    4 wheel drive vehicles will only be allowed to drive off road, therefore stopping mothers picking up their children from school in them when they only live 100 yards down the road. They will also be wrapped in bubble wrap to make them safer.
    We'd really need a french branch of the OMRLP.

Oh, wait. We've already got the communists.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    We'd really need a french branch of the OMRLP.

Oh, wait. We've already got the communists.
    There is not a French equivilent? I am surprised (genuinely - I would have thought such a surreal response to politics would be very French)

Is it just me or is this the most lack-lustre election ever? That is two weekends in a row I have wandered into town to find political types to debate my views on why they are wrong (well a boy needs a hobby) to find nothing - not even someone punting leaflets. There are no posters or cards hanging from lamp posts. Has it been cancelled and no one has bothered to tell me?

I suppose they are to be congratulated for not bothering people really.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast