Thread: Fate

Poster
    A lot of things have been going on in this world. And I just wanted to ask do you guys believe in Fate and what happens, happens for the good of it , I mean I always believe that What happens there is always and good side to it what about you guys do u guys believe in fate & what happens, happens for the good of it

* Also you will not find any spelling errors in my post lol *

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    nah i don't believe in fate but i do believe i see a few grammatical errors

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    really where lol i did a spell check

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Neo

The spelling is good. However, the punctuation and grammar are a little creaky - but I will leave that to Manker.

There is without doubt such a thing as happy coincidence and perhaps even, of an occasion, the feeling that something was meant to happen. However, sometimes things just happen without meaning. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean is an example. The region is geologically unstable and life there is always at risk of seismic event. That does not mean good cannot come out of the tradegy. Nations coming together to provide relief, people taking time to care about the welfare of others etc.,... but I would not call that fate.

Perhaps it is better view Fate as an interaction between our decisions and our external environment. This can be view either as a purely mechanical process or as something more organic and mystical.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    That is the best damn explation ever, i would give that this 2005's best explation , wow

Yes perhaps your right , also keeping your eplation inn mind i would also add that fate could be taken as a mental process where it is in human nature to explain everything

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Neo

The spelling is good. However, the punctuation and grammar are a little creaky - but I will leave that to Manker.

There is without doubt such a thing as happy coincidence and perhaps even, of an occasion, the feeling that something was meant to happen. However, sometimes things just happen without meaning. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean is an example. The region is geologically unstable and life there is always at risk of seismic event. That does not mean good cannot come out of the tradegy. Nations coming together to provide relief, people taking time to care about the welfare of others etc.,... but I would not call that fate.

Perhaps it is better view Fate as an interaction between our decisions and our external environment. This can be view either as a purely mechanical process or as something more organic and mystical.

Pish.

How can you say that things just happen without meaning, then explain why they happen "However, sometimes things just happen without meaning. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean is an example. The region is geologically unstable and life there is always at risk of seismic event."

Fate and the concept of it, as it relates to the human condition is bunkum. We live in a physical universe. Everything in it should be predictable, if one knows all of the rules (we obviously don't yet, by a long way). That would be fate .

However, much as we are part of the universe we are also able to act separate from it. We can make our own choices and influence the universe in unknown ways. To use your example, the tsunami happened because it happened, the physical rules fated it. Left alone it was predetermined. However our reaction to it's consequences, both individually and collectively was not predetermined. It may have been predictable, but that does not constitute fate or predetermination.

On your last "Perhaps it is better view Fate as an interaction between our decisions and our external environment" Perhaps it would be better to replace the word "Fate" with the word "life". Oh and I would add a "to" twixt "better" and "view", it just seems tidier.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Pish.

How can you say that things just happen without meaning, then explain why they happen "However, sometimes things just happen without meaning. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean is an example. The region is geologically unstable and life there is always at risk of seismic event."

Fate and the concept of it, as it relates to the human condition is bunkum. We live in a physical universe. Everything in it should be predictable, if one knows all of the rules (we obviously don't yet, by a long way). That would be fate .

However, much as we are part of the universe we are also able to act separate from it. We can make our own choices and influence the universe in unknown ways. To use your example, the tsunami happened because it happened, the physical rules fated it. Left alone it was predetermined. However our reaction to it's consequences, both individually and collectively was not predetermined. It may have been predictable, but that does not constitute fate or predetermination.

On your last "Perhaps it is better view Fate as an interaction between our decisions and our external environment" Perhaps it would be better to replace the word "Fate" with the word "life". Oh and I would add a "to" twixt "better" and "view", it just seems tidier.

I knew you were going to say that.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Je suis so predictable.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I can but only apologise for my transposition of the g and d in tragedy. Likewise, there is a "to" missing before the first view and the second view should read "viewed" (a classic double Freudian slip if I am not mistaken).

I abase myself for my slipshod typing - perhaps it was meant so that my feet would stay on the ground following neotheone's praise.

JP, All I can say is that I am glad the hoops won - otherwise you might really have taken me to task.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I can but only apologise for my transposition of the g and d in tragedy. Likewise, there is a "to" missing before the first view and the second view should read "viewed" (a classic double Freudian slip if I am not mistaken).

I abase myself for my slipshod typing - perhaps it was meant so that my feet would stay on the ground following neotheone's praise.

JP, All I can say is that I am glad the hoops won - otherwise you might really have taken me to task.