Thread: Emule's number of downloads notice

Poster
    alright, heres a scenario:

i have 4 downloads in my transfers on emule, 1 is downloading between 1 and 3 KB/s and the others haven't done anyting in the last 2 days. Now, i want a couple fo pictures, a whole bunch of them, plus a couple of small video clips of funny things. I search and find a whole bunch. I double click on all i want. togheter i just added about 20 or 30 new downlaods in the transfers of Emule. It takes a while, but then a couple of pictures start downloading. But then i notcie, the 4 downloads i already had are all of the sudden starting too, 2 of them with 10 KB/s and the other 2 with 6 KB/s!

am i just seeing things or is this perfectly normal, does it really make a diffrence on how many Downloads you have, the more and faster you download? Is this normal or anything or is it just luck? I'v had it beoe i can tell you. Does it make the servers open too me or something?

I'm stunned i can tell you.

your view on this please.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Yeah I've noticed that too. I use it to my advantage, although it's probably very bad manners.
    If downloads of large files become sluggish or stalled, I just add a couple of small downloads (something around 1-2MB).
    It's like giving my 'Mule a fresh carrot on a stick.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    interesting.. i'll have ta try it out. I got a couple of downloads that arnt moving...
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Don't be too surprised if the 'carrot' only works for a little while. I've found that the burst of speed quickly tapers off again.
    The initial boost is probably caused by one or two source exchanges kicking in thanks to the new files you added to the download queue.
    If you've already used up your queue credits by downloading a bunch, your client will need to clock up more by uploading before you'll see decent speeds again.