Thread: could u get cought using news servers.

twisterX's Avatar Poster
    becuase like my isp has a news server and like if you download wont they know becuase its like their server.

Its sbc yahoo dsl BTW

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    No they won't know, ISP's are not allowed to look at the data you are downloading, but if they look at the data name and its American Pie DVD (like most torrents are called) they can guess at what it is. But basically its near impossible to get caught on NG's.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    also do u know for sure if sbc has a news group. also lets say i dwonload off NBZ does someone on my server have to have that file or it could be from all servers.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    n18's Avatar Death God
    If you are afraid of being 'caught' then dont download.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    also do u know for sure if sbc has a news group. also lets say i dwonload off NBZ does someone on my server have to have that file or it could be from all servers.

I don't think you really understand how newsgroups work, check out the News groups section of this forum and do some googling.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ISP's always know what you are doing online. Everything you do runs through their servers.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by muskrat_love
    ISP's always know what you are doing online. Everything you do runs through their servers.

It is illigal (Invasion of privacy) for ISP's to view the data you are downloading or uploading, at least in the UK it is.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    good lookin out peerzy