Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new superman

oh i meant a remake of which superman. they've been making superman movies since 1948.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah well a remake of a remake hehe

Christopher reeve one was the big hit

be the same old same old Lois lane Lex Lurthor
    Superman is a hero blahblahblah saves a few lives
    so yeah still classify it as a remake

isn't Keven Spacey Lex??

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Another white bitch

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Wow.... and i thought they had a new storyline....

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Between this, and the new upcoming Rocky and Indiana Jones movies I'm wondering which great franchise will be hurt the most by their newest release if it's not up their previous standards. My bet is Superman just because they've been trying to do a new one for so long and alot of people know that and probably will judge it more harshly than the other 2. Alot of screenwriters have written overviews/drafts over the years(hell, even Kevin Smith got a shot at it) but it's fallen apart every time for one reason or another.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    new upcoming Rocky
    this is news to me.Rocky 6- Rocky Balboa uses Black magic Vodoo and resurects Apollo Creed and Cluber Lang to have the 3 way rematch of the century

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan
    this is news to me.Rocky 6- Rocky Balboa uses Black magic Vodoo and resurects Apollo Creed and Cluber Lang to have the 3 way rematch of the century
    Ya, from what I've read(as of late 2004 articles I've found) Stallone says he wants Rocky 6 and Rambo 4(which I completely forget he was also doing) to be released in 2006. Stallone's recently released the beginning of the script for Rocky 6 in his magazine "SLY". I googled Rocky 6 and found links to it. Here's one. 1st 3 pages of Rocky 6 script DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED. I DIDN'T.

Since I've managed to change the topic of this thread I might as well post this flash video I just found also. It's pretty funny Rocky 6

P.S. - I'll aplologize now for changing the topic of this thread. I usually try not to but when you talk about a franchise like Superman, I think other great franchise's are bound to be brought into it. Sorry if I pissed anyone off with this.
    Last edited by davec8; 04-24-2005 at 06:53 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan
    sounds like an awsome flik

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    yeah well a remake of a remake hehe

Christopher reeve one was the big hit

be the same old same old Lois lane Lex Lurthor
    Superman is a hero blahblahblah saves a few lives
    so yeah still classify it as a remake

isn't Keven Spacey Lex??
    Brainiac
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by davec8
    Between this, and the new upcoming Rocky and Indiana Jones movies I'm wondering which great franchise will be hurt the most by their newest release if it's not up their previous standards. My bet is Superman...
    i'd say Indiana Jones is taking the biggest risk to its reputation 'cause it's been more consistent than those other series. Raiders and Last Crusade are generally regarded as excellent... and Temple Of Doom is okay or crap, depending on whom you ask. but still easier to find a person who likes all three Indy movies than someone who likes, say, all five Rockys.

Superman's had a pretty uneven history, both on film and tv. as many misses as hits... though few people remember the misses, which prolly says something about how resilient the character is. he has his ups 'n' downs, but he's kept coming back and people are always willing to give him another try. not much at risk, there. there'll always be more Superman... some good, some not-so-good.

Rocky has the most to gain and the least to lose 'cause... really. five Rocky movies so far and only the first one was really good. the first one was an uplifting story that gets you to cheer for the unlikely hero from the streets when he's getting his butt kicked and just barely getting his victories, then the sequels grew increasingly ridiculous and unbelievable. one more flop isn't going to sink this series any lower than it's already sunk. but if Stallone could manage one final Rocky movie and make it good, return it to its original spirit (an underdog who is not a saint and not invincible, just trying to reach his dream and have something to be proud of), that'd go a long way toward redeeming the series.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 04-24-2005 at 08:43 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast