Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Avatar

Poster
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member
    Where is this copryright held, i.e. which country.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    Just make an avatar and sig with your own user name.
    So there is no meaning of stealing that
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Is your site commercial

http://www.acecoolco.com/index.php?page=about

It's just that it mentions you and your company and implies it's content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Poster
    I think that using someone elses avatar or signature should not be allowed on this board. Show a little respect people.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Originally posted by Rocktron+7 April 2003 - 08:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 7 April 2003 - 08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jetje@7 April 2003 - 14:13
    pm him and ask if he wil change..&#33; B)
    btw jetje... i still love your Avatar&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    LMAO&#33;&#33; .. I agree, jetje has some avatar.. I can watch her run all day&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Originally posted by Rocktron+7 April 2003 - 13:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 7 April 2003 - 13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05
    Sob..Sob...Boo..Hoo....somebodys been using my avatar..
    Chips man that sucks&#33;&#33;&#33;

Why not compare the dates you both joined and settle something?
    The first joined keeps the Avatar? Just an idea&#33;

Good Luck&#33; [/b][/quote]
    if you wnated to do that then it looks like i have got it. but don&#39;t worry ill find a new one that how kind i am. i didnt see that you had this same one maybe if you used the form a little more i would have seen it. i got it form a web site 3rd result on google search was avtars.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Proff.Moriarty
    Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 18:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Is your site commercial

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

Here is the ruling on that one:
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 18:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Is your site commercial

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.[/b][/quote]
    Sorry to quote myself, however nothing seems to have been done about this. As I understand it we are not allowed to advertise commercial sites.

I assume this rule is there for a reason. We have had problems in the past with parts of the board being closed. Fortunately this did not result in this forum going under, thanks to members keeping the faith.

However it is not unreasonable for us to recognise that rules are there for a reason. Would someone please tell me if this advert is within the rules. The chap is advertising a commercial site, or what appears to be one. Is there some reason that this is different from previous posts which have been deleted.

Any advice from a mod greatly appreciated. We don&#39;t want to end up back where we were, with the forun neutered.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by pyromonkey@7 April 2003 - 23:24
    i made my avatar so anybody who takes it is a gay ass prick&#33;
    The voice of reason speaks.

Do you find you insult a lot of people without knowing why.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast