Thread: Saphire Radeon 9200 SE

i have been looking at a new graphics card for some time know, with the release of Guildwars on the 28th of this month is has made me think about a new graphics card more.

the graphics card specs for Guildwars is a Radeon 9000 64mb graphics card (required specs)

my current card is a Radeon 7500 64mb

the card i am intereted in is the Saphire Radeon 9200 SE 128mb, i presume this card will run the game good enough. does anybody have any information on this card i would need to know before buying it, a possible price range and if there is one a better card at a resonable price.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i dont know if this guide will be of any help - https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t83313-.html
    they don't seem to have tested a 9200.

if i were you though i'd save up a bit of money and aim for a better card to at least future-proof yourself for a year or two.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Even if you only want a budget card, there's little point in getting one that isn't DirectX 9 compatible, and the 9200SE isn't, and it isn't much more powerful than a 7 series anyway.

I think that means at least a 9550/9600 if you want Ati or a 5200/5500 if you go for Nvidia. The price difference above a 9200 isn't that much.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wait till Guildwars is released, chances are your current card will play it. if not go for at least a 9600 Pro.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i did play 1 of the trial weekends on my current computer. after about 5 minutes the game crashed with a FTS error (i think it was), well if it wasnt an FTS error it did display a message about my monitor and graphics card. but this was before christmas so i cant remember.

even if my graphics card did run this game, i still think i need a new 1, ATI 7000 is a little out dated and with better games coming out each month im gonna get left behind not being able to play the great ones.

but thank you both for your reply

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    it was probably a bug in the game then

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_pd
    i did play 1 of the trial weekends on my current computer. after about 5 minutes the game crashed with a FTS error (i think it was), well if it wasnt an FTS error it did display a message about my monitor and graphics card. but this was before christmas so i cant remember.

even if my graphics card did run this game, i still think i need a new 1, ATI 7000 is a little out dated and with better games coming out each month im gonna get left behind not being able to play the great ones.

but thank you both for your reply
    9200se is not going to let u play games at playable FPS, atleast a Fx5200

Recommended:
    9600pro
    9500pro
    9700pro

Nvidia:
    fx5600
    fx5700
    ++

My Blog
    I'm still here.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Is it a question of money ? My roomy bought a Radeon 9550 256 mb . AGP . Her old card went boom. She plays Counter strike with no trouble. Cost was $108.oo
    CAD.

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/9550.htm
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-26-2005 at 12:19 AM.