Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Riaa-at It Again

kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheMan1891@10 April 2003 - 12:22
    I would really love to help with blowing up the RIAA headquarters... God knows I do. I really really hate the methods they are using to stop stuff like that they have no fucking mind.
    you sound like an anti-abortionist

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    Originally posted by clocker@9 April 2003 - 20:44
    The more I ponder this case the odder it becomes.
    The RIAA seems to have picked an instance of filesharing which has all sorts of extraneous complications which could only make the outcome more difficult to predict.
    Why not, for instance, cruise this forum ( which anybody can do anonymously) and target a user who has openly admitted having a large collection of songs on their HD and is sharing them with one and all?
    Very clear cut and no murky side issues.
    No university or other third party involved.
    One defendant, one computer, indisputable evidence and a chance to cut to the bone of their contention, i.e. "This guy is causing us material harm by allowing others to access for free the copyrighted product that we are attempting to sell".
    Very clean cut case.
    Why didn't they do that?

Maybe I've just been watching too much Law & Order...
    I agree.. too many controversial issue's and practices here. I'm sure there would of been a much better way to do this.. such as you suggested.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    I am a little woried about the enertainment industry as the files are gettin smaler and smaler and speed faster and faster making holywood bankrupt and there will be no new good movies, but I supose thats a long time before that happends. The whole consept of money will be getting outdated as we can get entertainment for free 24/7 if you want. So I gess what I'm saying is I can understand way they are getting so frantic.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Poster
    QUOTE (TheMan1891 @ 10 April 2003 - 12:22)
    I would really love to help with blowing up the RIAA headquarters... God knows I do. I really really hate the methods they are using to stop stuff like that they have no fucking mind. 

KaB
    you sound like an anti-abortionist

tend to agree. It is nice to be passionate but......blowing up the Headquarters....glad it wasn't just my overreaction....was a bit worried there

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TrIpMiX@13 April 2003 - 04:22
    The whole consept of money will be getting outdated as we can get entertainment for free 24/7 if you want. So I gess what I'm saying is I can understand way they are getting so frantic.
    I don't think that either of those scenarios is likely in the foreseeable future.

The entertainment industry is NOT losing money.
    Movie receipts are growing yearly.
    Movie rentals grow also.
    Sales of CDs are increasing numerically, they're bitching because percentage of growth has slowed, NOT the actual number of units sold.

RIAA/MPAA are rattled because they're losing their stranglehold on the product, but I'm sure they're working on a way to co-exist with the internet and p2p programs. Whether we'll like the solution remains to be seen.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    I don't think that either of those scenarios is likely in the foreseeable future.
    Me neither, a little (look at my avatar) Sorry, was just rambling.

Trip

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345