Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a router

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    The reason why people have trouble with their Netgear models is because of the built-in connection limit... It's set to 15. You need to get yourself beta firmware which you can search for and download. Apparently they fixed the problem after almost 2 years of people complaining. This is the reason I sold mine on eBay.

Formula1 - Linksys are one of the best brands money can buy. As part of Cisco they're releasing excellent products and are VERY quick to release new firmware.

As for the 1 year warrenty, I haven't really checked this but generally a 1 year warrant is pretty standard on most hardware these days and have yet to see a modem with a 3 year warranty... As I stated above, I'm staying away from Netgear for their disgusting customer support and bad programming.
    Linksys also has terribble support, over here in the us, once you call linksys' techsupport, it leads to india or indonesia....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    like most companies then i think if india got wiped out by pakistan, the uk would lose 90% of our customer services

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    I recommend Zyxel routers, for example Prestige 334, which is able to handle 2048 concurrent connections. This is very important for file sharing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123