Thread: Can you sell champions league tickets?

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    My dad entered the lottery for 2 of the 7500 international tickets offered at uefa.com for the final in istanbul on may 25th. It looks like he won, but (so godamn motherfu**ing) unfortunately we can't go. Anyone know if you can sell these tickets? They are issued under his name... does that create a problem. Im sure he could get a ton of money for them, but Id think uefa has measures in place to prevent that. INFO PLEASE!
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I usually go to football games with someone else's ticket. I don't have a season ticket so when I go up to see Man Utd play, I have to buy someone else's. It's no problem at all.

Of course, if the people who bought your Dad's tickets caused a ruckus then your door would be the first that the police would come knocking on. It's doubtful that he would get into any trouble tho' once it was established that he wasn't actually at the game.

Ticket touting is illegal (selling them for more than face value) but it goes on all over the place, even officially on legit websites under 'hospitality packages' - and since it's likely to be a private sale, who is to know.

Put 'em on Ebay.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Forgot to mention, I've seen five Champions League games this season, each one with someone else's ticket. That's why I'm sure it's okay.

I don't want to go to the final 'cause we got knocked out by AC Milan
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If you want to be totally legal look at the terms and conditions of the contest or even on the tickets. If it says "not transferable" then you can't sell them or even give them away without permission from the issuer.
    I suspect that this may be the case because the tickets were won and not purchased.

Other than the above I see no reason why you couldn't sell them at face value unless there is some "silly" law against it where you live.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    heh i dont think there are any laws concerning soccer in the US.

I actually went to the final in milan a few years ago, game wasnt that great, but just beign there was worth 10x the tickets.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Mostly when I go to Celtic park I use season tickets which various mates have.

Never once had a problem. They don't give a feck as long as it's a legit ticket.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mogadishu
    My dad entered the lottery for 2 of the 7500 international tickets offered at uefa.com for the final in istanbul on may 25th. It looks like he won, but (so godamn motherfu**ing) unfortunately we can't go. Anyone know if you can sell these tickets? They are issued under his name... does that create a problem. Im sure he could get a ton of money for them, but Id think uefa has measures in place to prevent that. INFO PLEASE!
    mogadishu have you still got the tickets, if you have email me [email protected], or PM me, and we will se if we can do a deal.
    I AM LOOKING FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL TICKETS.
    IF YOU CAN GET ANY PM ME OR EMAIL ME.
    GOOD PRICES
    [email protected].
    THANKS

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mogadishu
    I will offer you £300 for the pair?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    [QUOTE=mogadishu]My dad entered the lottery for 2 of the 7500 international tickets offered at uefa.com for the final in istanbul on may 25th. It looks like he won, but (so godamn motherfu**ing) unfortunately we can't go. Anyone know if you can sell these tickets? They are issued under his name... does that create a problem. Im sure he could get a ton of money for them, but Id think uefa has measures in place to prevent that. INFO PLEASE![/QUOTE

Please e-mail [email protected] for quick sale.