Thread: Its Time For A Spring Clean!

Why dont people take more care in keeping their virus definitions up to date and delete corrupt files....I am getting fed up with wasting time downloading files with viruss in them and files that are corrupt....i realise some may be corrupt because of faults in the download(download two and swaping the corrupt files with winrar usually works) If i do get a corrupt file that is "unfixable" i delete it! There must be millions of useless files out there that are just wasting space and taking up bandwith. Can i urge people that after reading this that you go forth and do the right thing with your files......GET RID OF ONES THAT DONT WORK!!!!....Peace

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Originally posted by MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 09:39
    Why dont people take more care in keeping their virus definitions up to date and delete corrupt files....I am getting fed up with wasting time downloading files with viruss in them and files that are corrupt....i realise some may be corrupt because of faults in the download(download two and swaping the corrupt files with winrar usually works) If i do get a corrupt file that is "unfixable" i delete it! There must be millions of useless files out there that are just wasting space and taking up bandwith. Can i urge people that after reading this that you go forth and do the right thing with your files......GET RID OF ONES THAT DONT WORK!!!!....Peace      
    I agree with ya.. its a real pain in the ass. And as much as I hate to say this.. I think alot of this is deliberately put out there by "anti-filesharing interests" to frustrate filesharers.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    You're barking up the wrong tree, I doubt members here have anything to do with it nor can our site stop it. Good luck convincing those that are!...and this has to do with what in "About Our Website.." section?

~moved~ to lounge
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Its the few "assholes" that put viruses into files and use the command prompt +resize feature to make fake files and fill other peoples computers full of trash

5. Lounge   -   #5
    People should get virus scanners with automatic updating.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    indeed.