Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Window updater messing up my computer.

  1. #1
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Windows automatic updater is try to update my nvidia sound on my computer.



    Everytime it tries to install if knocks the sound out of the system tray and fucks up my sound so that i don`t have any.

    The file in the picture say theres 0kb file to install.?

    Am i better just to install the latest motherboard software from the abit site.???

    One last thing how do i get the little yellow shied off in the system tray with out updating.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    Am i better just to install the latest motherboard software from the abit site.???

    One last thing how do i get the little yellow shied off in the system tray with out updating.
    always. dont use M$ for driver updates.
    and the little yellow shield is your anti-virus is it not?

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74
    always. dont use M$ for driver updates.
    and the little yellow shield is your anti-virus is it not?
    Erm...no.



    I already have the latest drivers and things for my abit NF7-s mother board which is the nForce 5.10.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    Erm...no.



    I already have the latest drivers and things for my abit NF7-s mother board which is the nForce 5.10.
    ahhhh.....well.....turn off automatic updates

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    I never use automatic updates.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I never use automatic updates.
    Same, If i do, I do it manually.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    go to the windows update site and click options or settings (can't remember which it is) and choose to always hide that driver.

    then install the latest from the nvidia site or your mobo maker's site.

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    This thing happend to my brother as well last night.

    It automatically installed the drivers on his computer and fucked up his sound. Dam microsoft.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    This thing happend to my brother as well last night.

    It automatically installed the drivers on his computer and fucked up his sound. Dam microsoft.


    Well at least you know how to fix it . Charge him for it ! JK A case of beer ?

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    go to the windows update site and click options or settings (can't remember which it is) and choose to always hide that driver.

    then install the latest from the nvidia site or your mobo maker's site.
    I`ve got the latest ones that`s why i can`t understand why it updated.

    @peat my brother so tight he wanks with his fist clenched.:tightfistedwanker:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •