Thread: Having a problem with XP install

can I curse? FUCK!
    I booted from the XP cd and it gave me an error for a corrupted file and I don't know how it could happen like that. It worked on another computer just fine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I see that sometimes too. But what I do is make sure the disk is clean, then retry. If that does n't do it ,I use a boot floppy disk and fdisk then boot from xp disk. Works like a charm.
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-29-2005 at 05:21 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    I booted from the XP cd and it gave me an error for a corrupted file and I don't know how it could happen like that. It worked on another computer just fine.
    when that happeneds i put the xp disk into my other rom drive

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    it doesn't have one.

and would a virus be able to compromise the installation of windows XP because I think theres a virus on the comp which stops games from running or maybe it stops runnign when the computer is close to full load. Well, then maybe that'll be a hardware issue.
    I checked out the ram, its in tight, I checked out the vid card, the HD and the processor is running fine.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    the virus wont be loaded with the xp isntall disc.
    that drive might not be able to read that brand of cd (if it's a burned cd that is).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I have seen this issue before. Go into the BIOS and check that the HDD is set in LBA mode.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    can I curse? FUCK!
    ahh, got it fixed guys. It was a careless error. The plastic thing used to lock the video card in wasn't locked in.. I forgot to lock it. thanks for the help guys. As for the XP disc, It all of a sudden worked again. As for VB's advice, I'll keep it in my little notebook incase something similar to this ever comes up .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Glad you figured it out. Don't you wish Microsoft would explain the errors better ? Like a voice would pop up like Asus post reporter . Hey stupid ,reseat your memory stick !