Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Best Buy. Don't ever do business with them.

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Sick

I went to Best Buy today and bought an MP3 player. It was a Samsung 1GB MP3 player, model number YP-MT6Z. I bought the MP3 brand-new, and took it home only to open it and find out that the screen was scratched!

Yeah, a brand new MP3 player I just opened, and the screen was scratched, I mean REALLY scratched. The MP3 player's screen is TINY, and now that it's scratched it's impossible to read anything. I live far away from the store, so I decided to call before going. Man I wish I had checked at the store.

They said that they would charge me a 15% restocking fee for a refund/exchange, even though they sold me a scratched up MP3 player! The damn thing is used/refurbed for all I know. Now I would have to cough up another $30 fee, or go through the hassle of calling Samsung.

Is this what Best Buy does? Sells crappy products that have probibly been dropped a thousand times by their employees while stocking, and then wants more money from their customers for exchanges? Gah, this is the last time I ever buy something from Best Buy.

Now I'm stuck with a scratched up MP3 player... oh well, it least it works just fine.

I hate Best Buy!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Go in there and steal a different one, There fuckin assholes.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    well you can be sure i'll never shop there from now on

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Btw, Rip the things gonna eventually get scratched anyways... Mine has a mirror finish on it and the fuckin case scratched it!!! like omfgwtfbbq!!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Btw, Rip the things gonna eventually get scratched anyways... Mine has a mirror finish on it and the fuckin case scratched it!!! like omfgwtfbbq!!
    Yeah, that's true. It will eventually get scratched up, so I'm not that upset about it. It's just not right man, if it is to be scratched up, I'm the guy who should be scratching it, not them!

Tomorrow I'm going to get over there and demand a refund or replacement. I won't leave the damned store unless I get what I want.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Yeah, that's true. It will eventually get scratched up, so I'm not that upset about it. It's just not right man, if it is to be scratched up, I'm the guy who should be scratching it, not them!

Tomorrow I'm going to get over there and demand a refund or replacement. I won't leave the damned store unless I get what I want.

Good man

Heres my mp3,Thank god it came with somekind of case or would probbly of been destroyed by now.

Last edited by S!X; 05-01-2005 at 08:39 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    They said that they would charge me a 15% restocking fee for a refund/exchange,
    15% aint so bad

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You should inform Samsung of what happened. I'm sure they would like to hear about if Bestbuy scratched it.

Was there any evidence that the package had been opened?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

They said that they would charge me a 15% restocking fee for a refund/exchange, even though they sold me a scratched up MP3 player!
    I hate Best Buy!
    I'm sure this fee only applies if you want to exchange the item for a different model, not to recieve the unscratched unit you thought you were buying.
    Even BB can't be that stupid, and given the spate of bad publicity surrounding them lately, I'd be surprised if they wanted to play hardball over such an obvious cock-up.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #10
    @15%

@VB1234
    Nope. The package was sealed and brand new, took me 15 minutes to open the damn thing. I called Samsung and told them my story. The really nice customer rep. said that because scratches aren't covered in the warrenty, he can't replace it. He then said that he will send a notice to home office, and see if they'll contact Best Buy and try and get a replacement/refund for me. So now I'm just waiting I guess.

That's for posting the image. It looks kind of big in the picture, but the actual size is really tiny. So the screen is tiny, that's why the scratches annoy me.

@clocker
    Nope, they said I would be charged the fee because I "opened the package and it's no longer in like-new condition." What assholes.

Bad publicity:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1823.html

Damn what's the world coming to? Now a days you can't even buy something new without checking it for damage at the store.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast