Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website does not load.

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    For the past few couple of days, the website http://www.purevolume.com does not load for me. It does not load in Firefox, or IE. The website works, I've had people go to it, stating that it does indeed work, and that it must be be something with my computer. Our band has an account on this website, and I am needing to change things on our site, but when I cant even go to our site, or even the main site, it just doesnt work. Does anyone know what I can do to make it work? My ISP is Time Warner, Road Runner. Cable Modem.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 05-01-2005 at 03:23 PM.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    have you tried to ping the website or do an nslookup on it
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Have you tryed disabling your firewall ,then see if you can log on ?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    I disabled my firewall, website still didnt work. I dont feel like getting a proxy just for that one site, when it has worked for months, until now. And alot of stuff didnt load, and it took a very long time for the site to load through the proxy. What would Pinging the site or NSlooking it up do?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Pinging it would see if its your internet browsers/settings or your connection.

Just use a proxy for the few times a month you need to visit the site then un proxy. Or find a better proxy, if you don't feel like doing that tough shit, live without the site then.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    this proxy loads faster
    http://proxy.mxds.ch/to/nph-surf.cgi...6d652e636f6d2f
    are you getting hits on peerguardian when you try accessing it without a proxy?

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    I tried changing DNS servers or something, but that didnt do anything. Some guy wanted to show me his site, and it didnt work, and told me to do that, and it worked, but purevolume worked. And I probably have to go to that site like nine times a day. I just dont understand why all of a sudden my computer desides not to load it anymore. Thanks for your help everyone , I am real appreciative and greatful, but keep it coming.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Have you scanned your computer for spyware / malware / trojans?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Its okay everyone. Thanks for your help. purevolume.com works fine now. for no apparent reason. oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast