Thread: close ebay account

Poster
    how do i close my ebay acount? i looked everywhere on the site but i cant find anything. i guess they dont want to lose members. thanks alot for the help

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    email them and say u want it closed.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Why would you want to close your ebay acount?
    anyway go here! took me all of one min. to find on ebay.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    it been over a week since i emailed ebay and my account is still open. how long does it take? are they ignoring my request? also do they close your account once they get the email or do they email you back asking if your sure you want to close the account?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by 3223
    it been over a week since i emailed ebay and my account is still open. how long does it take? are they ignoring my request? also do they close your account once they get the email or do they email you back asking if your sure you want to close the account?
    If you've listed or bid on an item recently, eBay requires a waiting period of 180 days before closing your account. During the waiting period, you won't be able to bid, make purchases, list items, or change your contact information - but you'll still have access to your account information.
    Could this be the reason?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    If you've listed or bid on an item recently, eBay requires a waiting period of 180 days before closing your account. During the waiting period, you won't be able to bid, make purchases, list items, or change your contact information - but you'll still have access to your account information.
    Could this be the reason?
    not unless "recently" is 4-5 months.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by 3223
    not unless "recently" is 4-5 months.
    180 days is 6 months, so 4-5 months counts as recently. Your account won't be finally closed until 180 days after your last bid/listing.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.