View Poll Results: Are You Happy With Your Life?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 23.08%
  • No

12 46.15%
  • I'm Not Sure

8 30.77%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with your life?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    if i copair myself to asian 3d world country i am very happy,but you would have to be lost on reality to be happy where i am.
    I don't know about your situation ziggy, I am sure that there are people with genuine reasons to be unhappy.

The parents of those girls that were violated and murdered spring to mind.

But as you pointed out perspective plays a part. MY 17 year old was happy on Xmas morning when he opened his present to find a new fast and powerful computer, now he is unhappy because he wants even more ram, he is unhappy because the 3 meg Internet connection we gave him isn't fast enough, he is unhappy because he doesn't have the specific $500 graphic card he wants. He is unhappy because he has to read huckleberry finn for his school work, he is unhappy because we make him feed and clean the cat he promised he would look after if we let him have it.

My advice to you ziggy is to look at your life and ask yourself what you could do to make it better....then once you have your goals it's up to you to achieve them. It isn't going to be easy and it comes down to you and nobody else.
    For myself I answered the question. I can't say that life has been a bed of roses, there have been times when I have asked why me? there have been times when I have wondered why I should bother continuing..... but I did and I am happy I did.
    I hope that one day you will find your happiness

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You can be happy with your life and still have ambitions and aspirations for the future...

Also, wealth doesn't necessarily bring happiness...

Addendum: I was briefly unhappy just then, because I couldn't get the Gyroball high-score, but this was offset by my happiness on breaking the 3D-Racer high-score...
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 06-11-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: addendum

3. Lounge   -   #23

Urgent

Thanks.I watched a documentary with the same situation as your 17yold.I guess its about setting a goal and not making it an imposable goal.Lowered expectation is the key to being happy
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 05-03-2005 at 03:11 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    Lowered expectation is the key to being happy

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Its also good to want more.It we dint want more we wouldn't have a lot of things in life.If America did not want more then Russia,they would have never landed on the moon.
    @ Jesus - accept it

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ziggy, the moon landing was faked

Shadows? Wind?1?!?!
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i wrote a song about why mine sucks at nearly 6am this morning

now i just gotta get the confidence to perform it

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'm not where I want to be.

I'm rather manic about being more and more successful.

I want a bigger house...again
    I want a 7-series BMW
    I want this, I want that.

I say I'm unhappy 'cause it keeps me on my toes.
    I always keep family first but I always keep pushing forward to increase my quality of life.
    More suuuuuuure can help.

Ya gotta kick yoself in da ass.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #29
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I`m not happy with mine does anyone wanna swap.

Dave are you going to do an unplugged set on t`radio show.

10. Lounge   -   #30

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Ziggy, the moon landing was faked

The problem with this statement is that it fails to consider reflected sunlight. Next to the Sun, the largest source of light on the Moon is the lunar surface itself, which reflects large amounts of sunlight Also, the Earth is a significant light source. If we factor in size and reflectivity, the Earth casts about 70 times as much light on the Moon as the Moon does on the Earth, and we are all familiar with how bright the Moon can be. These additional light sources provide the observed illumination.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 05-03-2005 at 09:36 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast