Thread: find more from the same user

I sometimes check what a user is sharing if I get a good speed with them.

Why sometimes does it immediately say search finished without any result? They are sharing because I am downloading from them. So this leads me to think there is some way to block people from seeing into your share folder?

Answer:
    OK, I just found the option folder which allows you to do this, (mine was default set to privacy).
    Last edited by wiggle; 05-04-2005 at 10:33 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Now I found someone who says they will cancel those who don't share. I do share 1300 files but up until today I did not know people could not check what I got.

These people must know that I probably have it set on privacy, so they have no way of knowing if I'm sharing or not. It seems to me to be fairly stupid to say you will cancel people who don't share but you have no idea if they are sharing or not. A more sensible thing to say would be "I will cancel those who don't publicise their shared files".

Perhaps this explains why I've encountered DL's which stop suddenly and don't reconnect. I did not know until today I was default set to privacy, and I am sharing 1300 files, so I think these people are stupid.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    btw the message was in all his/her shared files in the bit which says title, filename, artist key words etc.....

what do you call this bit btw and how do you edit the information there?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Surely people don't check everyone that DL's from them, if I did that I would have no time to DL myself there are always 2-4 DL's all the time I'm connected, I don't want to check them all.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    psychic programmer
    u can use k-dat to edit all those bit of information you are referring to..
    ( title, filename, artist key words etc.....)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    i dont quite have 1300 files to share
    so on Limewire i create 100's of blank .jpg files by copy and pasting in the shared folder over and over

user is now sharing 1300 files

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If a user isn't sharing any files when you go to browse, the message will say, 'User not sharing any files'.

yo

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggle
    Now I found someone who says they will cancel those who don't share. I do share 1300 files but up until today I did not know people could not check what I got.

These people must know that I probably have it set on privacy, so they have no way of knowing if I'm sharing or not. It seems to me to be fairly stupid to say you will cancel people who don't share but you have no idea if they are sharing or not. A more sensible thing to say would be "I will cancel those who don't publicise their shared files".

Perhaps this explains why I've encountered DL's which stop suddenly and don't reconnect. I did not know until today I was default set to privacy, and I am sharing 1300 files, so I think these people are stupid.
    The privacy option you're talking about is only an option in KazaaLite, not in regular kazaa. Therefore, if you are downloading from a regular Kazaa user, they will be ignorant to the privacy option you have set, therefore they will assume you aren't sharing, and if they are that way inclined, will stop your download.