Thread: Why Is My Speed Soooo Slow!

Does anyone know why when i dl something and theirs like 200 users that i only dl from like 3-5 of them at once and the speed of the dl is like 0.40 or something slow like that???

I have DSL and on the internet i am capable of downloading things at about 50.0k but in kazaa its sooo slow and my participation level is 1000.

I dont understand. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Rage

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    The people you are downloading from are probabaly on slow connections. Not everyone has DSL.
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    well these days, 50k even isn't that great. you just gotta find other users with good connections.

i have cable and from the internet i usually have over 180k downloads, but on kazaa i usually never get above 15k, except when i connect to other people with good connection.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Well, it seems like more 56k users are on the Fasttrack network and the higher connection users aren't using this network or don't have available upload slots.

IMHO, higher connections should get priority but... not possible with KL.

btw, i get about 50-70kB/s on Kazaa and 90-120+ on Bittorrent and some sites like nero.com

oh well

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Hmm strange

MAN WHY CANT ANYTHING JUST BE GOOD!!!!?????

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Don't worry about it. We're getting it for free anyway so... try another source of downloading.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Shinigami@8 April 2003 - 01:52

IMHO, higher connections should get priority but... not possible with KL.

Actually, Kazaa & K-Lite/K++ DO bump lower participation lvl users when a higher lvl comes along if you don't turn that off; not the same as a bandwith check, but closer. It would be unfair, really to jack people w/o broadband! Hey, you can't GET broadband in many areas, unless you can afford satellite...
    -Bozobub-

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Rage_FrieZ@7 April 2003 - 22:51
    Does anyone know why when i dl something and theirs like 200 users that i only dl from like 3-5 of them at once and the speed of the dl is like 0.40 or something slow like that???

I have DSL and on the internet i am capable of downloading things at about 50.0k but in kazaa its sooo slow and my participation level is 1000.

I dont understand. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Rage
    Hi Rage_FrieZ!

Read my post and try it.. it can't harm! Just try what i said in this thread and maybe it does the same as it did for me and a lot of other users! Click me to hopefully speedup downloads!

Good Luck!

ps

i'm also on ADSL it workes amazing for me!