Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Venting] It's all so sh*t!!111

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I'm just doing a spell-check of my final essay of the term and I've just come to the conclusion that the essay is crap beyond belief. I've worked a fortnight on this piece of crap and it reads like a child's book report.

Usually I think my work is sub-par but this time it really sucks. The only good thing I can say is that the spelling is great. So at least I won't 10% taken off of the 8% this essay will get for poor presentation.

And what really sucks is that I used an article as a source, then having just read back on the article realised I had lifted more than I thought I had from said article. Feckery.

I have a few hours left to radically overhaul the damn thing but right now I just want rid of the fucking thing.

/end rant.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    have you tried including pictures to flesh it out a bit? some lovely dogs might look nice, or a house maybe?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    have you tried including pictures to flesh it out a bit? some lovely dogs might look nice, or a house maybe?
    No, but I've changed the title to: Paradise Lost vs The Iliad: Battle of the Misogynistic Fuckwits

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Gutted, mate. Maybe it's not so bad and won't take your average down that much.

In any case, I'd blame Brian and Busy for making you post in the vigilante thread last night, you could get utterly wasted after you hand it in to make it all better.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    You could always say it is ment "for children to read".

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Gutted, mate. Maybe it's not so bad and won't take your average down that much.

In any case, I'd blame Brian and Busy for making you post in the vigilante thread last night, you could get utterly wasted after you hand it in to make it all better.
    I need 62% on this one really. Though first year doesn't count I just don't like handing in bad work.

I can't really blame B&B as I think, with hindsight, my essay was always going to stink. I mean, what sort of bloke tries to write a feminist criticism of epic poetry? A fecking idiot is who.

I shall be getting mostly wasted tonight.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    I need 62% on this one really. Though first year doesn't count I just don't like handing in bad work.

I can't really blame B&B as I think, with hindsight, my essay was always going to stink. I mean, what sort of bloke tries to write a feminist criticism of epic poetry? A fecking idiot is who.

I shall be getting mostly wasted tonight.
    Maybe if you'd switched from Fosters to Martini with Apple Pucker for the duration of the essay composition, you'd have delivered a feminine critique with more aplomb

Anyway, have a good night
    Last edited by manker; 05-05-2005 at 11:35 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Half the battle is to get the reader interested.

Battle of the Misogynistic Fuckwits certainly has me interested.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    Half the battle is to get the reader interested.

Battle of the Misogynistic Fuckwits certainly has me interested.

I declared Paradise Lost the winner because Brad Pitt really sucked in Troy.

Well, it's all handed in now so I have 5 months off now 'til next term. Could do some preparatory read I guess...or watch cartoons and build a fort out of Foster's cans.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 05-05-2005 at 03:48 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Review

My fave part of this thread was Arcadia's post, re the dog pictures.

It added a bit of light relief to an otherwise serious subject, enhancing the piece greatly.

Chebus, did you critique my poetism re manker in a jar. I'd love to know your opinion on it.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast