View Poll Results: Do you agree with pruning high scores?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 28.57%
  • No

21 50.00%
  • Don't care

9 21.43%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with arcade pruning?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    What does "pruning" mean.
    removing old high scores

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    I think the thought is so that those that want to compete for a high score but cant attain the insanly brilliant and unachivable scores that some of you have gotten may still want to play with the grattification of being on top something that you should know of already. If there will a new set every month then those that are so great at those games will continue to play wanting to reachive what they had done the month prior thus more competetion as the greats will have to regain their victories monthly and the not so greats will have a new chance monthly thus more traffic for the site. I do however think to make this a happy middle ground that there be a place setup for the ALL TIME high score of each game thats showed only that one score for each game thus also giving those that have achieved that thier proper place or such...
    As I said,

"Iwantmyscoreonthefrontpage"

Cheese already had a solution for this but alas it is ignored. There is already a Weekly High Scores list. Change it to monthly and call it a day.

If you aim is to have joeblow member have the number high score so he'll feel better that's just weird.
    It reminds me of the NBA. I think when it's under one minute, the NBA has a rule that if a team calls timeout they can advance the ball over half court (thus getting them closer to their basket for time purposes) just to make games closer near the end.

The competition is already there. This is like the fella that is cutting his own hair and it looks good yet he keeps fucking with it seeing something a little off until he snatches bald spot out.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Change it to monthly and call it a day.
    That's just mad talk.

Rossco, thanks for the explanation that's what i thought.

I think

High Score of Week

High Score of Month

Best Ever

Would be a good way to go if that's possible. Not that I will ever be involved in such ranygazoo. I just thought you may wish to hear my Solomonesque opinion.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    That's just mad talk.

Rossco, thanks for the explanation that's what i thought.

I think

High Score of Week

High Score of Month

Best Ever

Would be a good way to go if that's possible. Not that I will ever be involved in such ranygazoo. I just thought you may wish to hear my Solomonesque opinion.
    Mad talk....okayyyyyyyyyy...add monthly....... great then. Deletion is just plain....MAD TALK.

Let's clarify...it ain't that hard.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showp...&postcount=208
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-07-2005 at 05:38 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #25
    I think the only difference of opinion at this point is that I had more suggested the though that the monthly high scores would be out front with the links to the ALL TIME high scores...

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I think the only difference of opinion at this point is that I had more suggested the though that the monthly high scores would be out front with the links to the ALL TIME high scores...
    If that's the case...make a monthly high score table and call it a day.

The difference of opinion involved deletion which was very unnecessary and over-reaching.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #27
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    don't be lazy/foolish.
    just a snip of php will give you new monthly stats without purging.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Lounge   -   #28
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp

I don't see why this compromise has to be reached though. The front page should be all-time scores then other links go to the weeks and months top score. The voting seems to reflect that people want things to remain as they are or just don't care.

I do reckon you should change the champions thing so the month's top score earns that little doohickey under you avatar though. The title should reflect this though.

Christ the thing has only been up a few weeks and you're all trying to bugger it up. If you really want to keep the arcade fresh, add new games and remove unpopular games. Have someone organise tournaments on the games (I'm surprised someone hasn't started this already...) and other active stuff to keep people playing.

Don't take the easy quick-fix option which makes no sense anyhow.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    How long is the poll gonna be up anyway?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #30
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    How long is the poll gonna be up anyway?

Until it goes in the favour of those who want to delete and purge things?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast