View Poll Results: Do you agree with pruning high scores?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 28.57%
  • No

21 50.00%
  • Don't care

9 21.43%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with arcade pruning?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Until it goes in the favour of those who want to delete and purge things?
    Nah, polls usually go a week. Keep in mind rossco could have just changed it without a poll. He made poll for a sticky border ffs which I would have never done is that case.

He does listen to some logic.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-09-2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #32
    when i saw the topic i thought you folks were talking about arcade machines and gutting them out for mame =x shows you how awake i am..

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Why not have Daily, Monthly and All Time scores?

Would that be a good compromise?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Nah, polls usually go a week. Keep in mind rossco could have just changed it without a poll. He made poll for a sticky border ffs which I would have never done is that case.

He does listen to some logic.
    I don't just do stuff.
    I *keep people happy.

* - Try to
    Last edited by tesco; 05-10-2005 at 02:17 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    How long is the poll gonna be up anyway?
    probably until a decision is made.
    on the 17th i'll see if it's more in favour of yes or no, and go from there.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    How about a seperate Arcade for those with low scores?...

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    What was the point of the poll then?

Why does the poll not show who voted?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Really you should just listen to the sound arguments in favour of keeping the scores as is. Polls mean nothing.

The couple of dissenting voices can only provide the argument that it will give others a chance at a top score. Perhaps we should have a 'Special Olympics' arcade for them...

9. Lounge   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Since the mod team is obviously in favour of prunage - it does make sense if you only think about getting folk to use it, particularly new members - then the poll is important. Really speaking the don't cares should be added to the yes votes.

If a newbie has a badge below his name, saying that he is the barbie champion, or whatever, then he will be more inclined to post. He or she has more chance of this happening if the scores are pruned.

It's my impression that the arcade is there to attract new members and keep existing ones happy - there can only be a few high-scorers at the end of each month, their slight miffedness at getting knocked off the top is easily tempered by the ... excitement felt by the rest of us at having a chance to gain the ultimate accolade of being top at Airfox, if only for a short while.

It's all about the little people, the lucky few who are talented enough to post these awesome scores should be magnanimous enough to share in their glory.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Since the mod team is obviously in favour of prunage - it does make sense if you only think about getting folk to use it, particularly new members - then the poll is important. Really speaking the don't cares should be added to the yes votes.

If a newbie has a badge below his name, saying that he is the barbie champion, or whatever, then he will be more inclined to post. He or she has more chance of this happening if the scores are pruned.

It's my impression that the arcade is there to attract new members and keep existing ones happy - there can only be a few high-scorers at the end of each month, their slight miffedness at getting knocked off the top is easily tempered by the ... excitement felt by the rest of us at having a chance to gain the ultimate accolade of being top at Airfox, if only for a short while.

It's all about the little people, the lucky few who are talented enough to post these awesome scores should be magnanimous enough to share in their glory.

The arcade has been up a while now and has attracted just one new member, and that was my mate Allan who challenges me at Tetris. The arcade is a failure if it was put there solely to attract new members. No-one joins a Filesharing board to play games, they go to one of the proper Flash game sites.

Interest in the arcade has levelled off now as well, so if you start pruning scores then you're going to end up with empty score tables as well. Which is just silly. We don't delete old posts (unless you're Skizo) so why delete people's scores?

The badge thing should go to the monthly champion as opposed to the overall champion, I think that's a better idea. So what I'm advocating is start awarding things on a monthly basis for these theoretical newcomers and other "little people" but keep the high scores in some capacity for those of us who want to continually try and beat the BEST scores.

This shouldn't be settled by a poll anyhow. This should be settled by challenging Busyman and myself in the arcade.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 05-10-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast