View Poll Results: Do you agree with pruning high scores?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 28.57%
  • No

21 50.00%
  • Don't care

9 21.43%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with arcade pruning?

manker's Avatar effendi
    I think the interest has levelled off precisely because the high scores seem unobtainable to your common or garden filesharer. Pruning them is an excellent idea.

I would challenge you and Busy to a game to settle it but it appears they don't have Minesweeper, MSHearts or Freecell
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think the interest has levelled off precisely because the high scores seem unobtainable to your common or garden filesharer. Pruning them is an excellent idea.

I would challenge you and Busy to a game to settle it but it appears they don't have Minesweeper, MSHearts or Freecell
    Interest has levelled off because most people don't care to play games. The arcade has lost its novelty value now, deleting the scores of people who actually still play it is just going to turn more people off.

I have no objection to deleting the scores of the games that seem to have a max score mind (delete the whole freakin' games for all I care).

3. Lounge   -   #43
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Interest has levelled off because most people don't care to play games.
    This poll clearly contradicts that statement, since it's the only data I have, I'm going to assume it's correct and ignore the fact that you've prolly voted 5 times

I implore you to think of the little people, say YES to teh prunage.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #44
    This poll clearly contradicts that statement, since it's the only data I have, I'm going to assume it's correct and ignore the fact that you've prolly voted 5 times

I implore you to think of the little people, say YES to teh prunage.
    2 of me voted for pruning anyhow...

I think the whole pruning argument loses any validity/worth when you realise that both groups (diehard arcaders and newcomers/lowscorers*) can be kept happy at the same time with a few little changes to the arcade set-up.

I think the whole poll is a sham because no-one really thought this through until the poll was posted and thus we have a poll that represents two sides to an argument but doesn't take into account that there is a very happy middle ground that keeps everyone happy (more or less).

*That's three, but meh...

5. Lounge   -   #45
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    2 of me voted for pruning anyhow...

I think the whole pruning argument loses any validity/worth when you realise that both groups (diehard arcaders and newcomers/lowscorers*) can be kept happy at the same time with a few little changes to the arcade set-up.

I think the whole poll is a sham because no-one really thought this through until the poll was posted and thus we have a poll that represents two sides to an argument but doesn't take into account that there is a very happy middle ground that keeps everyone happy (more or less).

*That's three, but meh...
    You think I can't see that. However, I won't rest until the high scores are totally pruned. It's all or nothing, bollocks to the bleeding heart liberals.

Think of the children and vote YES for teh prunage

6. Lounge   -   #46
    And, if the arcade is set-up in the compromise type scenario, then what difference does it make if the overall High Scores are kept? You will actually have to click a link to see them if I'm guessing by what Reality said the month's scores will be the front page for the scores.

I just don't want to lose my Tetris score, k?

7. Lounge   -   #47
    bollocks to the bleeding heart liberals.
    Why do I always get to be the liberal? For once I want to be a right-wing mentalist.

Old scores are like old people, we have to look after them because they are our history. Without them our children will have nothing to look up to and aspire to.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 05-10-2005 at 10:41 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Why do I always get to be the liberal? For once I want to be a right-wing mentalist.

Old scores are like old people, we have to look after them because they are our history. Without them our children will have nothing to look up to and aspire to.
    Shut it, Soylent Green boy

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    People play games for a challenge. There are tons of arcades like MSN Games, pogo, Yahoo, etc.

My interest has leveled off but I play now to see if I can get the high score.
    If high scores were removed, I wouldn't care as much.

I know the high score in Flamingo Drive is 3487. If that was deleted so would that target score.

I would totally lose interest. I like the challenge of going higher, being faster, getting better.

Arcades should never do a reset. World records don't get lowered. Why should this? People that are lazy...fuck them. People that are not that good tend to get better. I know I did.

Some people are just uncompetitive pussies.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #50
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The Guiness Bookof World Records & the Olympics should also do prunage every month

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast