Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the Labor party today.......

Good work indeed....So you lost some seats in commons. Whatever

Another British pawn/figurehead/lapdog P.M. to serve "our{USA}" wishes in the Middle East cesspool.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your future endevours. You all must understand that U really are our {the Mighty USA} pawns
    in this whole scheme.

American here: Bow down!!!!!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

I feel that your post doesn't deserve serious debate.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    it does. tony blair is a dick. i don't suppose howard would have been much better though

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    From the election one may conclude, with no argument, that aggregate support for Blair is in excess of any other viable party/candidate in your fair Kingdom.

What this means, very simply, is that a majority (albeit only a political majority) thinks Blair is the best bet, and that those who oppose him are in a (political) minority, which is to say that there are more of them then there are of you.

Are any of you nay-sayers of a mind to respect this fact, or are you inclined to think Blair-supporters doody-heads not worth your time-of-day?

In other words, are they less worthy of respect than gays?

How about if they were gay, in addition to being doody-headed oppositionists?
    to be fair. i don't know an intelligent labour voter (though i'm thinking maybe manker voted for them ), or one that read anything other than what rupert murdock wanted them too

edit: so yeah, you're wrong, because the politically minded {presuming that what "(political)" means} majority is against labour
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 05-07-2005 at 08:17 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    From the election one may conclude, with no argument, that aggregate support for Blair is in excess of any other viable party/candidate in your fair Kingdom.

What this means, very simply, is that a majority (albeit only a political majority) thinks Blair is the best bet, and that those who oppose him are in a (political) minority, which is to say that there are more of them then there are of you.

Are any of you nay-sayers of a mind to respect this fact, or are you inclined to think Blair-supporters doody-heads not worth your time-of-day?

In other words, are they less worthy of respect than gays?

How about if they were gay, in addition to being doody-headed oppositionists?

The final statistics are not yet out. But Blairs share of the vote is about 33%. That allows him to lead this country for the next five years. One third of the voters elected his party. How can this be democracy? Could you explain that to a 5 year old? No I am not the five year old.

Gay? Your fellow countryman answered that.
    American here: Bow down!!!!!
    The day I bend to the colonies will be my last.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    which is to say that there are more of them then there are of you.
    No there isnt.

The constituancies are such that the Conservatives would have had to pool approx 10% more of the votes to get the same number of seats as Labour.

Add to this the Postal Ballot scandal, and the fact most of the Armed Services mysteriously lost their right to vote in this election due to an administrative mixup.. well, you do the math.

He was elected by less people that voted Labour in the 1992(?) defeat of that party under the welsh sod, as an example... something like 31% of the electorate, if i remember correctly.

As it happens, its probably the result we wanted and no way on earth could have organised... Labour in power (because we want this Chancellor for the economy), but Blairs power somewhat curtailed, in that he cannot now ride roughshod over Parliament. His days as PM are probably numbered, and i welcome the time Mr Brown takes over..except, well I like that guy as Chancellor..who could replace him there?

The politics of this country are different from your own. Mr Blaire has lost a lot of power within his own Party, Mr Brown has gained that power.. in Party Polical terms.

There is enough backbench opposition in his own Party that contravertial policies will have a rough time making it through, so we may not now get those bloody stupid ID cards he's so keen on, for example. Beforehand, even opposition in his own party could not overcome his Majority of sheep and Lapdogs.

Im very satisfied that the Newcatle area has overnight been transformed from a "Labour Heartland" into a number of Labour Marginal Seats... "Swing States" in American-Speak.

For the 1st time ever, my vote actually matters now..
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 05-07-2005 at 08:31 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    i live in a "labour heartland". i reckon billboards saying "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY YOU VOTE LABOUR?" would be more effective than a pic of charles kennedy's ugly mug, that provided an independent thought can be provoked.

incase you haven't noticed i've come to the conclusion that most labour voters don't know why they vote

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

I did my bit getting us to be a marginal..

With our LibDem council doing more in the last year than the Labour council did in the 15 years prior, and having the Lowest increase in Council Tax since it was brought in to too...

...maybe more of my neighbours will see the light next time

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

I did my bit getting us to be a marginal..

With our LibDem council doing more in the last year than the Labour council did in the 15 years prior, and having the Lowest increase in Council Tax since it was brought in to too...

...maybe more of my neighbours will see the light next time
    convince them. i'm scared i might stop washing and become a political activist

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Dont want to convince them too much, until more Conservatives die of old age or terminal stupidity...

The only thing that scares me more than an unfettered Blaire, is the Tories winning power again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast