Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Xbox 360 Specifications Leak

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    >> Seems like some new Xbox Live info and the final Xbox360 hardware specs have been leaked on the internet, courtesy the next issue of Play magazine.
    From Neowin.net:
    Days before Microsoft is due to air a special event on MTV across the world, specifications for the next generation Xbox have been posted in full online. Amongst the details leaked is word of two Xbox live services, a silver free service and a gold paid service.
    "There will be two versions of Xbox Live. Silver is free (everyone gets it), and Gold is a paid subscription, like the current XBL. It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously. Current Xbox Live accounts will carry over to the 360 and become Gold Xbox Live accounts. Both Gold and Silver members will be able to download demos, trailers, and other content through XBL."
    The leaked specs confirm lots of the rumors we saw over the last few months.
    The specs say the Xbox360 will have support for 4 wireless controllers and the console will have 3 USB2.0 ports. The DVD drive will be a 'simple' DVD9-drive, with support for these formats: DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD. The detachable 20GB HDD will be included by default from the information we received. We also got some sources telling us the Xbox360 will come with Wi-Fi 802.11 A, B and G support.
    The Xbox 360 face plates will be customizable to change the appearance.
    All games will have full support for the 16:9 format , 720p and 1080i HDTV (Max resolution: 1920x1080) and anti-aliasing.

Xbox360's IBM CPU will have 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each with 1 MB L2 cache. Each core has 2 hardware threads and one VMX-128 vector unit. Enough to boost an impressive 9 billion dots per second.
    The ATI GPU will run at 500MHz with 10 MB embedded DRAM (256 GB/s memory bandwidth) and contain 48 parallel floating-point shader pipelines.
    System memory will probably be 512MB of GDDR3 RAM (at 700 Mhz) with 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth and 21.6GB/s frontside bus bandwidth.
    The Xbox360 will also have a mulitchannel surround output.

You'll know if all above is real and more in a bit more then 3 days

News-Sources & Read the full leaked specs on Neowin.net, GamesAreFun.com, Engadget.com and ve3d.ign.com
    Last edited by asmithz; 05-10-2005 at 01:31 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Holy Crap there is no way that the xbox 360 is going to be anywhere around 400$ USD with all that stuff in it

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    LOL ima get it the first day lol Just for the new technology

4. Games   -   #4
    Thats what there saying, many people say it will be $400. I really think they couls sell it for more.

5. Games   -   #5
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    Thats what there saying, many people say it will be $400. I really think they couls sell it for more.
    i doubt that the specifications are correct

i mean which dumb ass is going to give u 3 cores with 3.2ghz one each for 400$

and GDDR3?

just think about it...

plus i heard the 20gb is a laptop hdd? which costs more than a regular hdd...

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Games   -   #6
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    damn, Mp3, jpeg and wma support? Talk about a media center. Damn, even supports many disk types too. I really wanna see the PS3 specs cause im a PS fan, not an XBox fan.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. Games   -   #7
    Well, remember when the xbox came out. Microsoft was complaining that they were loosing $400 on each console they sold becuase thats how much the GPU cost. There making it bulk, witch makes it cheaper.

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishtawiman
    damn, Mp3, jpeg and wma support? Talk about a media center. Damn, even supports many disk types too. I really wanna see the PS3 specs cause im a PS fan, not an XBox fan.
    Yeah they want to replace all media devices with this.

9. Games   -   #9
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    oh dang i though xbox was going to get beat down by ps3 but im glad my fav xbox is going to win mostlikly

10. Games   -   #10
    Not really, the PS3 is going to be more powerful, But thats by what Sony says.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast