Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If The Us Was To Be A Bastard...

forq2
    Since we seem to have oil and gas problems and Iraq has an abundant supply after we kick their ass(hopefully) we could control them and rape them of their oil so prices drop from my $1.44 to like a buck. I spend $40 a week on gas just going to school so I cant seem to afford to drive anywhere and when i try to get a car that gets 67 mpg it dies on me. These are just some thoughts if I was an asshole and was in control

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by forq2@8 April 2003 - 04:39
    Since we seem to have oil and gas problems and Iraq has an abundant supply after we kick their ass(hopefully) we could control them and rape them of their oil so prices drop from my $1.44 to like a buck. I spend $40 a week on gas just going to school so I cant seem to afford to drive anywhere and when i try to get a car that gets 67 mpg it dies on me. These are just some thoughts if I was an asshole and was in control
    A lot of people think that's exactly what Dubya has in mind. IF ONLY!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    down here in S.F. gas prices are freakin like 2.19 at best!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Don't expect gas prices to go down. Word is they might go well over $2.00 a gallon, maybe as high as three dollars if any surprises await our forces which could delay them. (This, of course, would increase costs of OTHER things which get transported by gas-chugging trucks, so expect costs of many things to go up.)
    Anyone see corresponding raises at work?
    Hmmph.
    Also...the gas/oil is not the deep motivation here.
    It's part of it...but only part of it.
    It's so sad when one reflects on it.
    The caboose of America, and everything it stands for, is passing by on the rails, yet the nation's "future", its kids, think they are watching the engine approach. When they get to a point of decision, what will they think when they realize all the decisions have been made...for them, and their offspring, forever more? And not by anything CLOSE to a majority decision.
    Law uses the term "precedent" to refer to an action or decision made justifiable in a previous case, thus trying to say that the current action is valid...just look at this action here...it was valid here.
    What's going to happen when some bug gets up Ashcroft's or Rumsfeld's ass
    and they decide to act with extreme prejudice, because, after all...there is "precedent"! And it might just be you...you who reads this.
    The world has changed in very real ways since the 9/11 attacks.
    Very real, and very dangerous ways. It is hard not to fear one's government when one knows it lies...lies hard...and will kill rather than be caught in a lie.
    (If my responses are a drag...tell me...since I want feedback on what I write.
    Let me know there is hope. It is all I ask for. Let me know there is hope.)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    There IS hope-you are imbued with this depressing fatalism: Why?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I don't think I have seen gas less then about $4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I'm not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about $4.52-$5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn't have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US. If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see's us doing something as gready as that. High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    the price of oil for us wont go down they will just get more profit

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@7 April 2003 - 23:30
    I don't think I have seen gas less then about $4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I'm not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about $4.52-$5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn't have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US. If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see's us doing something as gready as that. High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.
    its cause yor government taxes your gas like crazy

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by kAb+24 April 2003 - 18:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 24 April 2003 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tracydani@7 April 2003 - 23:30
    I don&#39;t think I have seen gas less then about &#036;4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I&#39;m not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about &#036;4.52-&#036;5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn&#39;t have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US.&nbsp; If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see&#39;s us doing something as gready as that.&nbsp; High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.
    its cause yor government taxes your gas like crazy [/b][/quote]
    more accurately, its because the us heavily subsidizes the cost of fuel, as the economy depends on distribution via roads/highways. us gas prices aren&#39;t any more &#39;natural&#39; than anywhere else, it all depends on the nation&#39;s needs.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I think it&#39;s humorous that everyone seems so concerned what the US might do with the Iraqi oilfields
    , in fact, almost certain that the plan is to annex them for our private use (Iraxas?), and yet nobody appears upset that for the past 10 years the French have been buying up every drop of "embargoed" Iraqi oil they could get onto a tanker.
    How come we&#39;re the bad guys here?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast