Thread: I Can's Share A Specific File

Yes. I made a video at my house and am tring to share it. It is a .avi file and it is shared in my kazaa folder. I do not understand y i can't get my friend to find it. He also has kazaa lite. Can you help?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster

hi there !
    this one has been posted on the forum quite a few times with various degrees of help. as a long shot why don't you re-name that particular folder something with a really weird title and one or two others in my shared folder, then see if your friend can pick up your connection that way? if you give him the weird folder names and he doe's a continual AUTO SEARCH then who knows?
    regards
    m8t

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You might try your "Detect Supernode" feature and see if you're both hooked to the same node. Since you are randomly connected to a supernode every time you start K-Lite it's very possible that two computers in the same HOUSE are on different nodes!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    yes i have thought of that. It is named jb vid. And not very many files are named that. It is just a video file it isn't a folder. He has had that search on for 30 mins and still not found it. I don't believe it is something that simple. I think it has to do with something else. I have tried to get many friends to find this file but no luck. Any other ideas i would greatly apprciate it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Well how do i know if i am on the same node as him? is it have to be the same node ip of port or what?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    fragrant_feces
    Isn't there a program that can locate specific users? If there was then it would be a hell of a lot easier...does it exist?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by fragrant_feces@10 April 2003 - 06:05
    Isn't there a program that can locate specific users? If there was then it would be a hell of a lot easier...does it exist?
    I think that the best you can do is specify your supernode using KaZuperNode. I don't believe that it's possible to locate a specific user
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg