Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Slapping

  1. #1
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    I have read in the papers and saw in the news tonight about this 'slapping' craze that has appeared in the UK. Is it just a British pfenom thingy. Or has it been imported from the USA or some other country? I know the kids used to do something similar with 'You've been Tangoed' a few years back. At least they kept that to themselves.
    In this 'craze' everyone is being picked on and the incident captured on their friends mobile phones. Sad really.

    What would you do if you became a victim of this 'craze'? I dont know what I would do. I suppose it would depend on the circumstances.
    Last edited by bigboab; 05-12-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    We use to spam people in the yard, when I was in school. I got spammed loads too - it hurt.

    Basically you slapped someone on the forehead as hard as you could and shouted 'Spam'. The people who were watching laughed.

    Seems as if things have come full circle, except we didn't have mobile phones. Duno if there is that much harm in it. If it wasn't slapping other folk for a laugh, it would be something else.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    One would be tempted to perform what is known in the trade as "a Prescott"

    I believe the correct name is Happy Slapping - as demonstrated by that bloody singing chick that can be downloaded for mobiles.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    We use to spam people in the yard, when I was in school. I got spammed loads too - it hurt.

    Basically you slapped someone on the forehead as hard as you could and shouted 'Spam'. The people who were watching laughed.

    Seems as if things have come full circle, except we didn't have mobile phones. Duno if there is that much harm in it. If it wasn't slapping other folk for a laugh, it would be something else.
    So you consider slapping old people a laugh. Bloody middle aged hippie.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    So you consider slapping old people a laugh. Bloody middle aged hippie.
    That's two angry smilies in ten minutes


    I duno, Boab. Slapping old people isn't a laugh, I was talking about in the school-yard, where from my perspective it isn't funny but from a teenager's POV, it's hilarious.

    Didn't realise it was happening to older folk, including middle aged hippies () but if someone tried to slap me in the street, I imagine I'd try to stop them and if I didn't do that in time then I'd stamp on their head a bit.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    5,001
    i don't think there's anything wrong with slapping, professional wrestlers slap each other all the time, it wouldn't be on TV if this kind of thing was wrong
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    One would be tempted to perform what is known in the trade as "a Prescott"

    I believe the correct name is Happy Slapping - as demonstrated by that bloody singing chick that can be downloaded for mobiles.
    even if it isn't let's say it is and get those bastards banned

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    i don't think there's anything wrong with slapping, professional wrestlers slap each other all the time, it wouldn't be on TV if this kind of thing was wrong
    That is all stage managed and rehearsed though Darth. You very rarely see a wrestler ending up in hospital. Only if someone forgets his 'lines'.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    even if it isn't let's say it is and get those bastards banned
    My son likes those adverts
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    My son likes those adverts
    /ban him from tv

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •