Thread: ABC: Reseed/Resume, and skip hash checking gone?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I recently upgraded to version 3.01. And the "Reseed Resume" button is gone! I dont want to have to hash check the entire file for each thing I want to seed, usually I would just press that button, and it would immediately start seeding! How do I skip the hash check to seed, or reseed resume?

EDIT: It isnt in the right click menu either.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 05-15-2005 at 03:46 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    you have to hash check the file once then whenever you click the start button it should start immediately seeding, respectively if it is a file you downloaded you dont have to hash check it at all.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    you have to hash check the file once then whenever you click the start button it should start immediately seeding, respectively if it is a file you downloaded you dont have to hash check it at all.

That is what I am saying....I have the file fully downloaded, and with previous versions of ABC I could skip the hash check with the button, but here there is no button! How do I skip the hash checking? It hash checks automatically! And I dont want it to!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    IF you have downloaded the file with ABC and you just stopped the torrent and later on want to resume it, it doesnt hash check. just click on the normal start button.

However if it is a file you got somewhere else and want to seed it with ABC you will have to hash check it ONCE, no way around this.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IF you have downloaded the file with ABC and you just stopped the torrent and later on want to resume it, it doesnt hash check. just click on the normal start button.

However if it is a file you got somewhere else and want to seed it with ABC you will have to hash check it ONCE, no way around this.
    I dont think I am being very specific. You see, I downloaded this file from a torrent website, with ABC. Usually, I would just press "Reseed/Resume" and it would immediately begin seeding, keeping ABC from automatically hash checking it. How do I skip the hash check? I already have the file! Downloaded from the same area I am seeding it to! I dont want to hash check 5gb files!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I know what you mean but when I download a file and then click on the start button it automatically skips hash checking, like ABC remembers which files it checked before theres just no extra button for it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    erm, i think wat Orcutt meant was that the torrent (already listed in his ABC) is hash-checked everytime he starts ABC. Previous versions only require one hash-check for each torrent but in his case it isn't so.

orcutt, perhaps u should browse the preferences and look for the option (it used to be around in the previous version). i believe it might have been turned off.

gildan2020
    Last edited by gildan2020; 05-17-2005 at 05:20 PM.
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I didnt think he changed the options, I was sure we only have a communication problem

go to options > queue and tick "Fast Resume", though AFAIK it is set by default anyway
    Last edited by Benno; 05-17-2005 at 05:44 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I didnt think he changed the options, I was sure we only have a communication problem

go to options > queue and tick "Fast Resume", though AFAIK it is set by default anyway
    Well, that is already checked. I think the problem is, is that I am trying to load torrent files into ABC that arent in it's memory, but I have then entire file, so it has to hash check no matter what, so you guys already said that, so I will thank you for your time, and sorry for my ignorance. Thank you!

:-]

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Yeah I also noticed but dont worry i think he answered ur question
    sig removed, please check the Board Rules.