Thread: Battlefield 1942 - Constant Install Error - Help!

I downloaded the bin file of BF1942, and have burned it numerous ways in Nero and CDRWIN, but always get the same error on install. It says; "A specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that does not exist in the named media."

What gives? Is this file corrupt, or is there something special i need to do to it before installing? I've tried burning it as a bin file (with the cue), and also as an iso, but same thing happens every time. Gets to 39% on progress then error pops up!

Very annoying this. If someone can help out would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Hmm, it looks like youve got a corrupted version, worked fine with me. Where did you get it off? The only other suggestion is that if youd tryed all those methods is to use Daemon Tools and install it that way. Saves time and cds that you would use in burning, and in my opinon I prefer Isos much better anyway:0
    Hope this helps

3. Games   -   #3
    I got it off Kazaa. Where can i get Daemon Tools? I'm not familiar with that. How does it work then? I've wasted 4 cd's with it already, so i'd rather not keep experiementing with them! If this Daemon Tools does it differently that sound great...

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I seriosuly think im gonna die if I have to explain once more........... :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm:
    Read the newbie postand itll tell you bout Iso's and how they will fit in with programs such as Deamon Tools, Just search for it in Google, all it does is create a virtual cd drive where you can run the image off it.
    Lol, hope this helps
    TNTIcemanTNT