Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: What the heck does this Windows message mean??

  1. #1
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    ^




    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    Omg!!!




    Better backup everything!









  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    it means that windows didn't get a chance to write some of the data for that file (bad hard drive/sectors, running ckeckdisk while computer is writing something, etc. can casue this).

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    I just don't understand why it came up. I just got home from last night and this was on my screen.

    There is nothing automated that runs that should have caused it.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    676
    off topic but - where did you get your desktop theme


  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebi
    off topic but - where did you get your desktop theme
    It's called AikonXP



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    ^

    Last time I got that error message, my power supply broke shortly afterwards

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You should run chkdsk on that drive.

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    9,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I just don't understand why it came up. I just got home from last night and this was on my screen.

    There is nothing automated that runs that should have caused it.
    That "_restore" and "RP126" are the big give away. The system was trying to create a restore point which it does periodically if you have it enabled, but you don't usually know when it will do it.

    The failure simply means you won't have one of the restore points which probably won't be too much hassle, but the reason for the failure may be a bit more worrying. Check the event logs for indications of other failures.
    .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    That "_restore" and "RP126" are the big give away. The system was trying to create a restore point which it does periodically if you have it enabled, but you don't usually know when it will do it.

    The failure simply means you won't have one of the restore points which probably won't be too much hassle, but the reason for the failure may be a bit more worrying. Check the event logs for indications of other failures.
    Thx lynx.

    This is an old drive that I pulled out to do some backups on. I formatted it about two weeks ago but the drive is still empty. I wonder if the restore didn't work b/c there's nothing on it. Is that a possible option?



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •