Thread: Revamping Freenet

N3wsByt3 writes "Many will have heard about the anonymous P2P-system Freenet. What many probably don't know is, that a big change is at hand: the Freenet developers have decided to drop all support for the 0.5x version, to skip version 0.6 and to completely revamp the 0.7 build into some kind of poorly described, presumably scalable darknet. The main coder even threatened to quit if such a darknet would be rejected. So, is it finally going the right way with the development of Freenet? Maybe not, since they seem reluctant to provide real data and rather rely on security through obfuscation, and then there is still the problem of their general inability in regard to pooling human resources, which, for any OSS project, is of the utmost importance." Obviously, the article submitter has his own feelings on Freenet, but notwithstanding that, what's the latest scuttlebutt from within the Freenet crowd?
    http://developers.slashdot.org/artic.../05/16/1212248

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    freenet is still infuriatingly slow. took me about 4 hours to get one webpage to load. It is useless for large data but is very handy for spreading text so maybe best for people who want to post information anon.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    i've never heard of freenet, can someone give me a link please

4. File Sharing   -   #4