Thread: Dreamcast

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has ever burned dreamcast games and were actually able to play them on your dreamcast, and i need to know how you did it, cause ive been trying to make the cd work in my dreamcast and it just wont, i need help

2. Games   -   #2
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Okay, burning Dreamcast games is probably the easiest thing I have ever done. When you download Dreamcast games, they are DISC Images, meaning they are like a snapshot of the information, on your computer. What you need, is a program that burns these CD images directly to the CD, this is where I used Alcohol 120%. You need to acquire this program, and use it, and you will be able to play Dreamcast games. I use DiscJuggler more often now, because I wasted 10+ Cd-R's on a game with Alcohol 120%, used Disc Juggler, and had it work the first time. So use Alcohol 120% or Disc Juggler, and "Burn Disc Images".

3. Games   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I'd recommend using DVD Decrypter, the burne dvd images works perfect on my ps2. i've noticed problems with alcohol 120% :yuck:

BTW , do you need a modchip to play burned Dreamcast games ?

4. Games   -   #4
    ive tried discjuggler and none have worked

so how exactly do you use, alcohol 120%

5. Games   -   #5
    i just installed and used alcohol 120% and every game works perfectly.

6. Games   -   #6
    express98's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    I'd recommend using DVD Decrypter, the burne dvd images works perfect on my ps2. i've noticed problems with alcohol 120% :yuck:

BTW , do you need a modchip to play burned Dreamcast games ?
    when my son had is dreamcast yes we had a boot disc,then self bootin discs came out,but no we never had to chip his dreamcast hope that helps

7. Games   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    No, you dont need a Modchip for the Dreamcast. And I have "backed-up" a total of 60 or so games, and never using a boot disc.