Thread: IE problems

Hi i use a router splitting 4mb connection 2 ways, but i cant stream online videos as it says connect to the net and for some reason cant download them off gamespot any ideas?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    help any1?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    sorry im not good with routers but are you updated with your codecs?..

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by tru-guru
    Hi i use a router splitting 4mb connection 2 ways, but i cant stream online videos as it says connect to the net and for some reason cant download them off gamespot any ideas?
    It sounds like you're saying it gives you an error message? Are you trying to view them in WMP? Can you give a screenshot of the error?

yo

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    i can but how i upload screenshot into this forum? o and when i try to d/l off gamespot it just returns to homepage....

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by tru-guru
    i can but how i upload screenshot into this forum? o and when i try to d/l off gamespot it just returns to homepage....
    I don't know about your problem - except that because it is specific to a certain site, maybe you should try out a different browser, temporarily, to see if the problem is with IE.

To upload images to the forum, the best way is to upload them here and copy the link the link they give you directly to your post.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    is it a blocked activex ? or do you have anything like peer guardian running or software firewall blocking it?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    mite be blocked activex, howi unblock? ido screenshot if this fails

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Like 99% stated, make sure your codecs are up-to-date. You can get an all-in-one codec pack with pretty much everything you need in the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, make sure your Internet Options look like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the ActiveX controls, look for a thin yellow bar that drops down from your address bar that says something to the effect of, "This site might require the following ActiveX control:............"

If you see this, click on it.
    This is also under the assumption that you're running Win XP SP2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Do post a screenshot, hit 'PrtScrn', then open MSPaint > edit > paste. Then open IE and go to the site Manker posted.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-23-2005 at 12:46 AM.

yo