Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: women in combat

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    @busy

Pregnant women in combat is a big no no.... the fact that they may one day become pregnant is irrelavant as far as I am concerned.

Do you also think then that men should be allowed to join the military for purely non combat duties.... E.g. only men that volunteer for combat duties should be forced to fight?
    No.

I'm for the double-standard doohjicky.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    No.

I'm for the double-standard doohjicky.
    Apart from the baby thing is there any reason?

Is it just the way you were raised (in a "male is dominant" world) ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    In my country, basic military training is mandatory for all males old enough (unless they can find an imaginative way of weaseling themselves out of it or they have some kind of disability).

I always thought it was strange, in this day and age, that women didn't have to do it, I mean, we are supposed to be equal and all. Now, was our society a fair one, and this goes for the legislation and the society mentioned above as well, there would be no distinction between men and women in this.

I mean, ever since I was a kid I've heard (feminist) teachers and others speak of how women are just as good as men in every way. In fact, the way some of them have put it, women are superior in every damn way. I've heard a lot reasons as to why men aren't as good as women as well. Our brains aren't as effective, we aren't as tolerant to pain, and we don't have the same stamina, to mention a few things.

Oh yeah, and we are all complete and utter arseholes who make more money for the same work (which is why, when I took a course as a kid, one we got paid to take, some girls who took the same course got paid more, so they'd know what it was like to get paid more than us evil men. (Not that we'd ever had a job where we had gotten more money than the women, but anyway.))

Yet I've never heard one of these women (note that I'm not talking about all of womankind here) complain about the fact that they didn't have to join the army. Me, I figure that, since they are clearly the superior beings, they should be running the show, hell, us blokes shouldn't be allowed to even hold their guns for them.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-20-2005 at 06:36 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Apart from the baby thing is there any reason?

Is it just the way you were raised (in a "male is dominant" world) ?
    No
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    No
    there is no reason at all as to how you came to your opinion ? ......other than women give birth.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    there is no reason at all as to how you came to your opinion ? ......other than women give birth.
    Fuck shit piss.

Yes.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-20-2005 at 07:07 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Fuck shit piss.

Yes.

o....k

Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    use logic or stfu

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Even though the bill is going around I doubt that something like this would ever pass. The ACLU would be going nuts over something like this and they’d be marching in the streets.

Women should be allowed to join the military, go to the moon, or anything else they want to do.

Edit: BTW vid how is the new little one?
    Last edited by BigBank_Hank; 05-20-2005 at 07:53 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    o....k

Quote Originally Posted by busyman
    use logic or stfu
    You've got nerve asking the same fucking question twice.

Speaka english?

lysdexia. or better yet :eye1:
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-20-2005 at 08:37 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Minimum physical "standards" for the armed services have been lowered to accomodate women; to enable them to conform to a "standard", and to deal with the female attrition rate (deemed "unacceptable") seen initially.

This, in order that women might claim physical "equality".

There have been resultant instances of the same lowered standards being applied now to the male contingent.

Now, I am all for females being allowed to do absolutely anything they are truly able to do, mentally OR physically, BUT:

If I were wounded and immobile on the front line, I would hope to be forgiven for cursing whatever authority was responsible for my "rescuer" being 5'4", and 120 lbs.

We recently had 5 people die in and around an Atlanta courthouse owing to a particularly defective brand of enlightened far-sightedness which dictated an unshackled 6' 1", 200-odd-pound ex-college linebacker be guarded by a 50-year-old grandmother (the bailiff) who was about 5' tall, and weighed about 110 pounds.

He disabled her, took her weapon, and started killing people; oddly enough, the grandmother/bailiff was the only one who survived direct contact with this madman.

I hope no one thinks ill of me for thinking something is wrong with this; how is it that the impetus for equality comes to preclude any semblance whatsoever of simple logic?
    But nooooooo women can do whatever a man can do.....

Bull

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast