Thread: Copying bootable dvd????

Well i have a windows all in 1 bootable dvd....i have tried to copy the dvd but it wont boot at the start....i've tried making an image and burning it, and copy it using nero...wasted 3-4 dvd's already.....by the way i used nero to copy it....plzz help me how to copy it so tht it'll boot, and should i try using sum otha software like clone dvd or sumthin????

thnx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    if its a image or bin/cue you should just burn it as such...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Get a DVD-rw so you can keep trying, fucking up and using the same DVD.

1)Download UltraISO
    2)Open UltraISO
    3)In UltraISO go to TOOLS>>>MAKE CD/DVD IMAGE
    4)Select the drive and make sure the output file is STANDARD ISO.
    5)Download Alchole 120% and burn the image with that with DOA settings applied.

@Muchspl - DVD images cannot be Bin & Cue and most DVD Images user ISO to keep a certain file structure.

If all else files try a 1:1 copy with A120%.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 05-21-2005 at 12:16 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    right then if its a bootable dvd it should already be a image/iso

just open nero and close the wizzard and choose recorder > burn image
    you may have to change it to all files in the drop down box.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I think he's saying he has the Windows All in 1 on a dvd working already but he wants to make a copy of it (for a friend or if a friends lending it to him) and because of the ISO structure needed to keep the files bootable any atempts he has done not through making it an ISO or a 1:1 copy mean the disc hasn't been bootable.

Thats what i got from his original post but to be honest it could be seen as a number of ways due to the lack of english language

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @peerzy, quote : Get a DVD-rw so you can keep trying, fucking up and using the same DVD.

Good advice wish the store would tell people they need programs to burn dvd's , when they buy that new dvd-r . I have a lot friends upgrading their computers
    ony to find they have trouble with this issue. I point them to afterdawn or this site.

http://www.afterdawn.com/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I think he's saying he has the Windows All in 1 on a dvd working already but he wants to make a copy of it (for a friend or if a friends lending it to him) and because of the ISO structure needed to keep the files bootable any atempts he has done not through making it an ISO or a 1:1 copy mean the disc hasn't been bootable.

Thats what i got from his original post but to be honest it could be seen as a number of ways due to the lack of english language
    exactly.....i have to make the dvd bootable for a backup copie and 2 of my friedns want em.....i bought the dvd frm asia for £1.....should've just bought a couple of copies