Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

Thread: What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    My apologies, I didn't know Bollywood made more money. I still don't think they make more movies though. We have tons of straight to DVD releases....some actually pretty good movies.
    So we are defining "market leader" as "most profitable". Rather than most prolific, higher quality or whatever. That's what I had thought
    From what I gather coupled with my own opinions....

Bollywood makes more movies than Hollywood
    Less money
    Most likely less profit
    Lesser quality

I've seen maybe ten of them (not in their entirely admittedly) off downloads.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #262
    hobbes,

Good post, good points well made. Tho' it does tend to re-inforce other people's view of America's intrinsically isolationist nature

Oh and we have decided on Puntsphere as the boards official nickname for association football. Some people get sniffy about the whole football / soccer debate.
    What's wrong with isolationism? I wish we were that way with our foreign policy. Unfortunately there are those that believe that if don't stick our nose in at the right time that the fucking world would fall apart. I've seen many in our government mention WWII and that we should have jumped in sooner.

We should respect our neighbors across the waters but we don't have to be their buddies and like their sports and entertainment and whatnot. I think exposure is enough in our free market. Some things catch on and some don't.

American movies, etc that don't catch on elsewhere would flop and works the same here.

btw the reason we didn't embrace the football (soccer) doohicky is ONLY because a knucklehead named our sport (illogically) football and someone else overseas gave us an out by calling your football, soccer.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #263
    hobbes,

Good post, good points well made. Tho' it does tend to re-inforce other people's view of America's intrinsically isolationist nature

I guess my demands for an exclusive VIP Champions section to avoid the hoi polloi kind of leaves me unable to counter that comment.

I think the term isolationist brings to mind a country which has intentionally turned his back on the world or built barriers around itself. Americans don't think that way. I prefer the term "self contained", as it is more of a passive nature, rather than an active one.
    Last edited by hobbes; 05-31-2005 at 02:59 PM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #264
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Busy,

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was merely an observation based on hobbes post. Can I add sensitive / defensive.

5. Lounge   -   #265
    Busy,

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was merely an observation based on hobbes post. Can I add sensitive / defensive.
    Sorry man. It seems others view it as a bad thing.

Some think that the fact that we don't seem to care about their news that it's bad (not all of us are that way anyway).

Worry about your own country...I always say.

I think some resent American anything making inroads into their country.

I say, don't embrace it then.

We sure as don't get pissed when Shaun Of The Dead makes some money....hell it's a good fucking movie.

-end of rant

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #266

We sure as don't get pissed when Shaun Of The Dead makes some money....hell it's a good fucking movie.

-end of rant
    I'll get pissed at any excuse possible, I likes the apple.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #267
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    hobbes,

I guess my demands for an exclusive VIP Champions section to avoid the hoi polloi kind of leaves me unable to counter that comment.

I think the term isolationist brings to mind a country which has intentionally turned his back on the world or built barriers around itself. Americans don't think that way. I prefer the term "self contained", as it is more of a passive nature, rather than an active one.

Indeed, I think your smoking jacket idea was a step to far.

Shall we go with self-absorbed, that seems a happy compromise.

8. Lounge   -   #268

-end of rant
    I was just fucked up on Saturday night.

My girlfriend's girlfriend had a get together and we sat outside until about 1 in the morning getting pissed off Pucker with Vodka and Hennesey.

I was getting cracked on for drinking a "green" drink until everyone else got fucked up off the same shit.

I was the last to go to sleep and the first to wake up and didn't even take a vitamin B pill first. No hangover (can't believe it).
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-31-2005 at 06:18 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #269

My girlfriend's girlfriend had a get together and we sat outside until about 1 in the morning getting pissed off Pucker with Vodka and Hennesey.

I was getting cracked on for drinking a "green" drink until everyone else got fucked up off the same shit.

I was the last to go to sleep and the first to wake up and didn't even take a vitamin B pill first. No hangover (can't believe it).
    Does that mean you got pished at the weekend with your mates.

10. Lounge   -   #270
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

Does that mean you got pished at the weekend with your mates.
    I think so although I don't have my Busyman to English dictionary to hand

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast