Thread: is it my dvd player?

i've downloaded a movie off the net, its a cd image file and its 3.93 GB, i burned it to dvd but now it won't play, the dvd disks im using are maxell dvd-r disks. do i need to do something to the file or is it the dvd player?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Does it play in your Computer..??
    Also - R Disks are for older DVD Players...like 7 years ago...if yours is a few years old...it just might not read - Rs..unless you bought one with alot of extras like I did.

Also, you didn't just burn the Image did you..?? cause that wont work...it needs to be converted by a program like Nero or Alcohol or any other DVD Burning Program.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Retired
    open the image with DVD Shrink, If DVD Shrink can read it, the image is ok

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    it plays fine in my computer, i burned the file using nero? wot would i need to convert it to? so i need -rw disks?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    No you don't need -RWs unless you want to re-write them.
    If it playes in your Computer than Nero Converted the IMG to VOB with the MPEG Plugin...if it wont play in your Home DVD Player..it could be because it is PAL or NTSF...(Depending on the Country you live)
    My DVD Player plays both...some don't...you might try it in a friends DVD Player & see if it will work.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    you just burned it wrong

nero > recorder > burn image

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle
    i've downloaded a movie off the net, its a cd image file and its 3.93 GB, i burned it to dvd but now it won't play, the dvd disks im using are maxell dvd-r disks. do i need to do something to the file or is it the dvd player?
    I have a 4 year old sanyo dvd player that won't play dvd-r's.

I have burnt a few dvds to dvd+r they play on my Sanyo.

If you have burnt the dvd correctly,

yes it could be your DVD player.