Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazaa - what is that? - P2P porogram

Hi
    Just a question. I found this Crazaa (check http://crazaa.com/index.html) somewhere. Just quote from ziplib.com:
    "Crazaa is a new file-sharing program. In addition to letting you share MP3s and other types of files, Crazaa allows you to connect simultaneously to Gnutella and OpenFT networks giving you faster download speeds and more files compared to other file sharing programs. Crazaa supports any file type, allowing you access to a diverse assortment of shared video and picture files, as well as the usual MP3 audio files. Crazaa also features a media player which lets you play back and view MP3 and video files. Crazaa is designed to be simple and allows anyone to download and share within minutes. Crazaa respects your privacy and does not contain spyware".
    It looks like Kazaa, and works like one. What a hell happened here?
    Anybody knows?
    thanks for any opinions.

P.S. Searched all FilesharingTalk forums with 0 (zero) results!!!!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    its a KCeasy ripoff/scam

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Please explain, what U mean "KCeasy ripoff/scam"?
    I am for long time in p2p (since 1998-99), but visit forums and a like only when needed, so I dont know all that jargon, sorry

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    KCeasy is an open source p2p client, and alot of scammers make modified versions, so they can add spyware, trojans, and /or sell "subscriptions"
    other KCeasy scams include: fileseek, torrentsearch, safeshare, and about a dozen others

Quote Originally Posted by mkern
    Crazaa was clearly made by an amateur. It doesn't set a proper download dir, doesn't provide a default config and installs the maker's giftd.log right with it. It also has all GUI elements referring to sharing removed so it effectively is download only.
    plus kceasy is about 3 versions ahead of this clone.
    why mess with a copy when you can have the original
    uninstall it and use the real KCeasy from http://www.kceasy.com/download/ .
    Last edited by Vargas; 05-11-2005 at 06:35 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks a lot for explanation
    I think to avoid situation like mine and other noobs have time to time it could be a good idea to make a sticky with all scam/spam/etc. names so less ppl will ask those questions and made stupid mistakes.
    thanks again

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well, I mean you should know better than
    to download something named Crazaa...and
    you could have also googled it to find out
    if it was a scam.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    hi friend
    let me download it and i'll post the results.
    Crazy about filesharing

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I downloaded it and installed it. It is quite easy and user-friendly with simple interface.
    And the search results for the music file i searched was quite good. But it only connected to gNutella network. While the openFT network message wal alwyas like this.
    coneecting...........
    Give it a try . If it contains any bugs, i'll post them shortly.
    Crazy about filesharing

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Well I attempted to install this on my VMWare and the installation crashes every time so I cant form much of an opinion and have no intention of doing an install directly on my system. I did notice that on the site they have this lovely gif at the side...

However when you click it the file is still being dl from their site not Download.com nor any link to it although the ALT tag is www.download.com which seems questionable to say the least. I then decided to go to Download.com and take a look for this Top 5 wonder on the site and found this
    http://www.download.com/Crazaa/3640-...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Make your own call I guess...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-16-2005 at 07:49 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    lolz

wow

good research brother. Keep it up.
    Crazy about filesharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast