Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MPAA, FBI and U.S. Customs Shut Down EliteTorrents

it's torrentbytes.net and it's still up

2. News (Archive)   -   #22
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    damn, they are just taking everything down...

Suprnova, TvTorrents, BTefnet, Lolkitorrents, Elite Torrents.........

Geez, why dont the FBI, Home Land security and US Customs focus on real threats??
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. News (Archive)   -   #23
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    http://tazzes-play-ground.org/thread...tuser=0&page=1

is an interesting topics with more info about this issue...

4. News (Archive)   -   #24
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by kurse
    ONE WORD: "PEERGUARDIAN"

block spyware, government, and bad P2P!

youd think mininova would be the first to go since its like the son of suprnova which was taken down by major companies, its a public site not a register only, and it has quite a lot of files. And they went for elitetorrents.org? Hmm....

Should we all just back off from leeching/seeding from everywhere?

Should we keep doing what we were doing and forget about this?

R.I.P. www.suprnova.org & www.elitetorrents.org
    Hello!

PG does not do shit to protect you on BT. The IP's are given to everybody in a swarm by the tracker so only connections to you are refused but still they will be able to see you in the Swarm!. PG are only somewhat functional for DC,Kazaa and ED2K people!!.

With regard to the topic discussed I think it is indeed a sad day for us BT users but hopefully a replacement will arrive!!. I think it was pretty stupid though by the site owner to host it in the US so that the feds could get to him!!.

I recommend The Pirate Bay the worlds largest tracker and it is swedish and the feds cant get to it:

http://www.thepiratebay.org/frame.html

Feel free to download the latest Star Wars there just to mess with the feds!!.

And dont forgett to read their legal threats section

Have fun downloading!!

Fuck the FBI!!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

5. News (Archive)   -   #25
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeee
    shit i just dled from ET... am i screwed?
    I guess time will tell, but I doubt it, it appears they are going after the "big" people
    how "big" is big ET was was my main torrent site for about two months
    I done file sharing! The last thing I need it a big fine or jail time, its not worth it.

6. News (Archive)   -   #26
    Well it would seem that they have gone after the big sites and have yet to attack individuals that I know of as perhaps they learned from the music indutries mistakes which only created very bad image for them.

Its also common sense that if they get the big sites down then there this stuff just wont be as accessable to the public as it is now since after all bt is just way to accessable now and just an irritant to them in a big way.

The clear drawback of the entire app seems to be that it requires a tracker and that in theory it becomes a cetralized item which goes back to what took down Napster for that matter. It would seem for bt to survive it must become trackerless which there are already moves towards this now. The sites with trackers and the like just are to easy of a target and really no suprise that this has happened and that most likely will continue...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-26-2005 at 03:37 AM.

7. News (Archive)   -   #27
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    The latest I've heard, and I can't confirm its accuracy, is that this whole thing has to do with a stolen workprint version of StarWarsIII. Thats why The FBI, and DHS and US Customs are involved
    Last edited by RPerry; 05-26-2005 at 03:40 AM.

8. News (Archive)   -   #28
    The latest I've heard, and I can't confirm its accuracy, is that this whole thing has to do with a stolen workprint version of StarWarsIII. Thats why The FBI, and DHS and US Customs are involved
    Thats sounds as if to suggest someone at ET was connected then...

9. News (Archive)   -   #29
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Thats sounds as if to suggest someone at ET was connected then...

Based on some things I have heard recently, I wouldn't doubt it. But I'm betting on what I said last as being the root cause, I have it on pretty good word. What happens after the criminal investigation is another thing.

10. News (Archive)   -   #30
    The search warrants are not public, said Zuieback, a U.S. Immigration and Customs spokeswoman. She said the raids were directed at individuals known as "first providers," or those who initially made the copyrighted material available online.

Zuieback did not say whether Wednesday's action was directly tied to the "Star Wars" theft.
    http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/25/technology/piracy/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast