Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: MPAA, FBI and U.S. Customs Shut Down EliteTorrents

It's seems there were quite a few other popular BitTorrent sites hosted from the same server as well, it's looking like they took them all out at once who were on the same server.

What annoys me is they always wait till a site becomes very large before they move in and close them down.
    Last edited by Gary Bolton; 05-27-2005 at 12:59 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #42
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    what about all the irc servers out there hosting star wars?
    and how come you never hear about any of those getting raided for hosting movies?

3. News (Archive)   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan
    what about all the irc servers out there hosting star wars?
    and how come you never hear about any of those getting raided for hosting movies?
    It would take to much effort as IRC is generally 1 to 1 and not mainstream.
    Also its not as simple to get at those who serve perhaps...

4. News (Archive)   -   #44
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    so would in your oppinion, consider it to be one of the more safer methods of aquiring films and such?
    I haven't used bit torrent to download anything except things considered legitamit like user created files and such and go through irc channels mainly to get media files like television shows and such.

5. News (Archive)   -   #45
    Well how would anyone manage to find someone dling on IRC anyway unless the one your getting it from which is unlikely...

6. News (Archive)   -   #46
    You're right Abu.....money talks. Very upset that ET went down. Kinda thought that no one should have screwed with that movie knowing that Lucas was already pissed.

7. News (Archive)   -   #47
    I have been registering on about every site I can find and none of them are near what ET was.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345