Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star wars remake?

Poster
    do you they should remake star wars,empire strikes back and return of the jedi??
    the reason why i am asking is if they do a remake (same story line different characters) then they could use the technologly of today.
    also in revenge of the sith they kept on saying anikin will be more powerful than any jedi/sith, but this power they speak of is not really shown in the old star wars films.
    i would like to see darf vader going on ruthless with this power eg flying or walking though walls or somthing.
    o yeh and lots of saber fights

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    i think it'd probably be cool and it would suck at the same time.
    it'd suck because the originals are classics and shouldn't be ruined with remakes. the acting was good, the cast was good, the effects obviously aren't as advanced, but they work just fine.

on the other hand, after seeing the new trilogy it's almost disappointing to see the old one with the duller picture and lower effects.

if they remake the originals i'll TOTALLY see them in theaters and probably buy them on DVD, but i'm completely content with the ones we have, and I think most star wars fanboys will agree with me

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    after watching episode III, i had to go back and watch the old trilogy. i saw nothing wrong at all with the way they look, i think it's unneccesary to remake them. the dvd remastered/redigitalized the films quite well. looking back at the vhs days of blurred video and horrible color, this is amazing to come from that same filmstrip. besides, new characters saying old lines without the charm we have all come to love from the actors made famous by that film franchise, would be a slap in the face.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    agreed.

but you have to think to yourself.... though the originals kick ass, would you see a remake if it came out?

that's the way george lucas thinks, and that's why he's made so much god damn money

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i might go watch some new girl run around in the carrie fisher outfit(no bra) or the slave outfit(DAMN!!!) who could replace harrison ford tho? what about hamil? look around the new gen of actors, who is really considerable? by the end of the film, it'd probably be a parody, you take off vaders helmet, and bam, it's R kelly trying to piss on you. the end.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    leeferdude's Avatar Walking Dumbass
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    i might go watch some new girl run around in the carrie fisher outfit(no bra) or the slave outfit(DAMN!!!) who could replace harrison ford tho? what about hamil? look around the new gen of actors, who is really considerable? by the end of the film, it'd probably be a parody, you take off vaders helmet, and bam, it's R kelly trying to piss on you. the end.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    i love the 4,5,and 6th movies, i think i'd turn out to be terrible to make a new one of the originals. the acting was terrific. who would be luke? orlando bloom? be serious...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    I definately wouldn't mind seeing it with enhanced special effects etc. but if they completely remake it with the original cast then it'd suck...coz well...they'd be all old. If they replaced the actors then that'd just suck more.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    I by one hand, liked very much the way it all fited together,
    as someone said, there is nothing wrong with the old ones.... but if the where to make
    a re-make, I guess they ould, but they'd have to be very careful not to
    ruin it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by foot loose
    do you they should remake star wars,empire strikes back and return of the jedi??
    the reason why i am asking is if they do a remake (same story line different characters) then they could use the technologly of today.
    also in revenge of the sith they kept on saying anikin will be more powerful than any jedi/sith, but this power they speak of is not really shown in the old star wars films.
    i would like to see darf vader going on ruthless with this power eg flying or walking though walls or somthing.
    o yeh and lots of saber fights
    HELL NO !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast