Thread: Can I continue Act of War from a different torrent site?

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9

Tongue

Ok so I started dling Act of War on ET untill the damn FBI took them over ( ). Neways I got down to 84 mbs ( ) and its going like 1.5 kb/s now. Is there anyway I can maybe dl a new torrent file and continue dling my Act of War where its at without starting over??
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 05-27-2005 at 12:17 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    if its in the same format yes
    cd1/rars
    cd2/rars

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Ok well I dled a copy of Act or War from torrentspy and it has a different filename so when I dl it, it just makes a new folder.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Ok well I dled a copy of Act or War from torrentspy and it has a different filename so when I dl it, it just makes a new folder.
    you need a torrent which has the same filenames like muchspl3 said.

if only the foldername is different you can copy the old files in that folder.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 05-27-2005 at 08:35 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    As said above, copy to the new folder but make sure you keep the originals in case they aren't the same. Then force a recheck before continuing with the download. If they are the same you will have a high percentage completed. You will lose some pieces which were partly downloaded, but it will probably only be a few MB.

As soon as you know they are the same you can delete the original folder and its contents.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i have done this before with a torrent, but you have to make sure the file names are the same as mentioned above

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    yes with same file (size and name) u can resume download from different tracker/torrent site