Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP PRO Corp Edition Question

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

I wouldn't put it past you, seeing as your not even reformating your computer, your simply formatting it, reformatting it would to format it, then directly after format it again .

OK format.'no reformat' ah shit reinstal uninstall 'yikes computers are so complacted .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

I wouldn't put it past you, seeing as your not even reformating your computer, your simply formatting it, reformatting it would to format it, then directly after format it again .
    Do you have any ideas why its doing whats it is?

TBH not without looking at the PC myself no, and all we can do really unless we have had the same problem is guess. First thing i would go with is what i call a Bone Edition of XP, i use it on lower spec pc's, its only 150mb and has the full Windows XP on there just the themes, pictures, screensavers, WMP, and so on removed so its a stipped down. Basically it only installs what needs to be installed so that way we could find out if its a Windows Extra, the pc itself, the copy you had or what. Im afriad it looks like its either XP Home or some hard core trail and improvement.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Just covering all the bases here, so my apologies if I am sounding idiotic, however are you choosing to completely wipe the previous partition that XP was installed upon then creating a new one?

Hell... if you were running an OEM version of XP Home prior to this, then odds are you have a D:\ partition as a backup drive. You can safely wipe that one as well and gain the extra harddrive space.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    Just covering all the bases here, so my apologies if I am sounding idiotic, however are you choosing to completely wipe the previous partition that XP was installed upon then creating a new one?

Hell... if you were running an OEM version of XP Home prior to this, then odds are you have a D:\ partition as a backup drive. You can safely wipe that one as well and gain the extra harddrive space.
    I dunno if its an OEM, It came with the comp (home edition) with all the drivers and shit in it. I need the D partition to keep my tunes and stuff on. Is it ok to wip the previous partition with xp on and create a new on on it with pro?...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    ... Is it ok to wip the previous partition with xp on and create a new on on it with pro?...
    Yes.

And it's wipe.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 05-29-2005 at 01:38 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    If you could tell us the model of that Gigabyte board then we could help you find the drive settings in the BIOS. Look on the board itself.

Edit: I just thought of something else to try. Do you have another PC and a spare HDD? You could do a test installation on the other PC with the HDD. You would at least eliminate the question about if the XP CD is ok or not.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 05-29-2005 at 02:09 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    If you could tell us the model of that Gigabyte board then we could help you find the drive settings in the BIOS. Look on the board itself.

Edit: I just thought of something else to try. Do you have another PC and a spare HDD? You could do a test installation on the other PC with the HDD. You would at least eliminate the question about if the XP CD is ok or not.
    Dont have a another HDD. Heres the mobo. http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard...s_GA-8SIML.htm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    FUCK YEA!!!!! That version that I downloaded today finally finished I installed it, went great an WA-BAM! Worked flawlessly Me is so happy!!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    Excellent!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    I dont understand why ppl are putting out really screwd version out. Maybe just to piss people off or somethin?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast