Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1942

where can i find the proper 2 files for the battlefield 1942 game?? and if ya have the working ones plz tell me how ya got it to work. btw what is the sizes of the files??

2. Games   -   #2
    Don't waste your time trying to get a repairable copy of bf1942 using Kazaa-- I tried many times, the best copy of CD1 I could get had over 1000 errors, which only a few were fixable. I recommend learning to use edonkey or emule, and download from sharereactor. I used edonkey, and got both CD's completely error free! (silly donkey is so slow though, I had to download for 2.5 days!&#33 However, that is better than continuously receiving bugged up files. When you do get these BIN files, search the postings, and you should find out how to burn them onto CD. You may run into a little problem when you try to install (However it's easy to get by)I don't have time to explain it all right now--gotta go to work.

3. Games   -   #3
    Don't waste your time trying to get a repairable copy of bf1942 using Kazaa-- I tried many times, the best copy of CD1 I could get had over 1000 errors, which only a few were fixable. I recommend learning to use edonkey or emule, and download from sharereactor. I used edonkey, and got both CD's completely error free! (silly donkey is so slow though, I had to download for 2.5 days!&#33 However, that is better than continuously receiving bugged up files. When you do get these BIN files, search the postings, and you should find out how to burn them onto CD. You may run into a little problem when you try to install (However it's easy to get by)I don't have time to explain it all right now--gotta go to work.

4. Games   -   #4
    i got a problem when i tried to install it.... it said a sound while didnt match the sound file in setup.cab... how can i get passed it????

5. Games   -   #5
    I believe you have a corruption problem. I ran into similar problems while installing the game from corrupted files, and I chose to ignore the errors, and it installed, but when I ran the game, it wouldn't work past the intro.
    Where did you get your CD images from?? As I said before, I couldn't get any usable CD images for bf 1942 from kazaa. Anyway, in order to install without getting these errors, you either need to repair or replace the bad spots, or get a new copy.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    OK...first off before I say anything else...before you can hope of playing this killer game online...GO BUY IT. It will work in singleplayer no problems...but this game is meant to be played online with real people. And for that to happen you have to have an original cd-key. But the real .bin names and filesizes are

CD1=Battlefield_1942.CD1.FLT.Sharereactor.bin ---740,584KB
    Battlefield_1942.CD1.FLT.ShareReactor.bin

CD2=FLT-BFD2.BIN ---424,220KB
    FLT-BFD2.BIN

Also, the expansion pack The Road to Rome is

TLF-GAME-02.01.03.Battlefield.1942.The.Road.To.Rome.A120.CLONE.Multi.Language-TLF.mdf --- 513,478KB
    TLF-GAME-02.01.03.Battlefield.1942.The.Road.To.Rome.A120.CLONE.Multi.Language-TLF.mdf

All this and NO CURSE WORDS

Move it to the verifieds
    ThE_MP3_G0d sez so!

7. Games   -   #7
    the files i have are the same sizes and have the same names.. i got them off the verifieds. is there anyway to repair them, i tried using cdmage but it didnt help???

8. Games   -   #8
    I ran into the same problems and I gave up, then came Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and there I had again these CRC probs...

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell works fine now .

So I want to share with you how I did it with Battlefield 1942. I Burn it with Nero and put the speed to 1X and disc at once. Now I still get the error messages, that I ignore and then when I check in C:\ the files with CRC probs are there ! (for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell I could only install it after having burned the two CDs at the lowest possible speed).

Now that I was able to install the version 1.0 of Battlefield 1942, and put the crack from the CD1 I thought I was just fine... I can start in the single player mode instant battle or campaign and then during the LOAD process the game stop!

Any help on that ? which patch have you installed (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.31) and which noCD crack have you used ?

9. Games   -   #9
    hmm ill try that now.. dont have any patch installed yet though..

10. Games   -   #10
    Any luck ? I ran CDImage as well... found 6 errors on CD 1, fixed them, sound.rfa is fine but battleaxe.rfa is still corrupt...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast