Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Have you won anything?

I won psx, but it was a long time ago...

2. Lounge   -   #42
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    ya, it probably sounds hick, but I won $275 in a cow poop contest- take a football field, paint lines on it to devide it into 1000 squares or something, number the squares, and let a cow onto the field and wait for it to shit- where ever it lands, the money goes to the person who bought that square.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    On my first day of school, in the coop (work experience) class, I was the one to get the card that the teacher chose was the winning card and got a men's hygeine kit thingy (toothpaste, deodarant, razors, etc.).

One time I won a toy badminton thingy from the grocery store place for having the best picture submitted.

Can't think of any others, i've never won anything big.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    On my first day of school, in the coop (work experience) class, I was the one to get the card that the teacher chose was the winning card and got a men's hygeine kit thingy (toothpaste, deodarant, razors, etc.).
    You won razors on your first day of school? You people either hit puberty early, or start school rly late

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #45
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    You won razors on your first day of school? You people either hit puberty early, or start school rly late
    first day this school year I meant.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I've won a ton of pool and foosball tourneys, athletic stunts, drag races and stuff.

Odd memory-

When I was about 3 years old, I was the last entry in an ice-fishing contest at a small-town winter carnival.

I was real late, and I think they entered me 'cuz I was the little kid who was new in town-anyway, they had cut a bunch of fishing holes in this one area, and they had to cut a new hole just for me, but they cut it way off to the side, away from everyone else.

I remember not feeling to good about that, and watching my tip-up and holding the line slack like the man told me, while I watched all the other kids waaaay over there...

One by one, the other kids caught little fish and waited for the others; when the last kid had a fish on, I suddenly had a strike, and it was all I could do to hold onto the line-I didn't feel like I could yell for attention, because I didn't know anyone's name (my folks were off with my sister, I think), and while I was wrestling with this fish, the last kid caught his fish, and they gave him a big trophy, and some cash and candy, like that.

They were scooping snow and ice back in the holes when one of the grown-ups looked over and saw me-she came and help me land my fish, which was lots bigger than the one that had won, and she knew that I'd seen the rest of the kids make out okay.

She called another guy over, and he said I ought to get something, anyway, and he dug around in his pocket and came up with a nice shiny silver dollar, and really made my day.

I showed my folks later on, and my Dad said, "Keep that one, it's really old".

It was an 1883 Sacramento mint, which, when I finally took the time to find out (late 80s), turned out to be worth about $5,000.

It was stolen in 1992.

Bummer, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #47
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    OMFG, how was it stolen? and If you find that fucker, kill him.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    OMFG, how was it stolen? and If you find that fucker, kill him.
    I know exactly who stole it, and how, too.

There are reasons I didn't pursue it.

I'll PM you with details if I get a chance, later.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Poster
    I won a night in the exercise yard with spotty kirby once. Young guy 17-18. Fuck, he thought he could take it all, but ended up with a ruptured spleen.

Dammm those bastards. They never gave him a chance. Makes you think.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Fre and me won 21.683 Euro in the Lotto december last year.

That just covered the price of our new mobile home we just bought.

That brings our total in price-money up to just under 80.000 over the last 10

years....(not including my benefits, manker....)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345