Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: America's Pastime

Jayhawk
    Do you guys thing that football has drawn the attention of people more the baseball over the last 10-15 years?

I am a die hard baseball fan so i will say baseball

2. Lounge   -   #2
    merlin-1's Avatar Poster
    Even though i played Baseball all through school i would have to say Football.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    since i think football is for pussies... i'd say baseball.

i mean, football is rugby all padded up with lots of breaks for the fatasses.

average play is what... 7 seconds?
    then a 3 minute break

4. Lounge   -   #4
    kab i agree, but youre gonna get flamed big time. and even though i'm a baseball fan, you cant say that baseball is any more exciting. i'll bet even the players would agree. seriously, the only time i'll actually watch an entire game of baseball on tv is during the playoffs. adn the only football game i'll watch completely is the superbowl. baseball is the traditional pasttime, but football has been gaining for years.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Z@20 April 2003 - 19:32
    kab i agree, but youre gonna get flamed big time. and even though i'm a baseball fan, you cant say that baseball is any more exciting. i'll bet even the players would agree. seriously, the only time i'll actually watch an entire game of baseball on tv is during the playoffs. adn the only football game i'll watch completely is the superbowl. baseball is the traditional pasttime, but football has been gaining for years.
    yeah ur right, baseball aint that exciting.

the only football game i watch is the superbowl also.

and maybe football IS america's pastime. because america is FAT, and they can relate to bubba on the field who is 400 pounds playing blocker

6. Lounge   -   #6
    so true, so true. are they really athletes? are hotdog eating champions athletes?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Jayhawk
    Baseball games are really exciting if you attend them they are 100 times betters

8. Lounge   -   #8
    cuz then you can have beer and hot dogs.

which is definitely not available at home.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Z@20 April 2003 - 21:12
    cuz then you can have beer and hot dogs.

which is definitely not available at home.
    yeah, for outrageous prices

10. Lounge   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by kAb@20 April 2003 - 21:36

and maybe football IS america's pastime. because america is FAT, and they can relate to bubba on the field who is 400 pounds playing blocker
    While a bartender in Washington DC I had the opportunity to get to know several of the Hogs from the Redskins ( they were the 400 lb. bubbas you were referring to ) and I must say that your perceptions are totally wrong.
    Any one of them could have chased you down and kicked your ass without breaking a sweat.
    While eating a hot dog...

America's only real sport is croquet.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast