Thread: Climate Change

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    A letter was given to the PM today signed by 13 major UK Corporations, including BP and Shell, basically asking the Government to regulate them on Carbon Emissions.

They acknowledged that they needed to have strict targets for emmisions, and said that the only way it would happen was with regulation. This means that they would have a level playing field, and would not be "undercut" by competitors that were not investing in the Environment.

I think, especially for the Oil Companies, this is a big step forward.

Shame the Government only gives lip service to the environment itself, as revealed in the leaked draught of the paper the Government was going to give the G8 summit, which basically says "There is a Problem" and gives no direction or targets in which to aim at.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I've said it before. Companies will always meet the minimum standard required by regulation.... allowing them to do it voluntarily doesn't work as they will always go for the cheapest option...to pollute.

The idea that this will make a level playing field is an interesting one. If they are serious about this then I applaud their action.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    A little worrying that they think regulation is needed though.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Koyoto Agreement?