Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tell me how to reformat my HD

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Well thats three of us suggesting win xp corp .
    Actually, 4 of us. I was going to edit my last post but got busy with something else.

Skizo, dude you been here too long to be a n00b. This forum has all the info you need to fix your problem. Get yourself WIndows XP Corp with sp2 and quit wasting your time
    Last edited by RPerry; 06-01-2005 at 05:05 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Well thats three of us suggesting win xp corp .
    Actually, 4 of us. I was going to edit my last post but got busy with something else.

Skizo, dude you been here too long to be a n00b. This forum has all the info you need to fix your problem. Get yourself WIndows XP Corp with sp2 and quit wasting your time
    www.truth.org

edit: had to fix my typo
    Last edited by RPerry; 06-01-2005 at 05:06 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    put in home xp disc... when the black screen comes, press enter to boot from disc then follow the instructions when the blue screen comes (it might take a while). i winged it the first time, and it worked. pirated discs work too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    The easiest option is still to obtain a bootable copy of XP Pro Corp via eMule (the ed2k links posted upon this board are best, IMO). Using that disk alone will allow you to completely wipe your current C:\ partition and then create a new partition in which XP will be installed upon. You will not need anything else. No boot disks- nothing.

It will however, completely erase all your files. Yet the installation will be 100% clean of error. The only drawback is that it would be wise to visit the manufacturer's sites of the system to obtain the specific drivers it utilizes. But not a difficult feat by any means. Even if you did not, XP would install generic versions of those drivers anyway. But the manufacturer's versions are recommended.

Though in obtaining a bootable copy of XP, I would hope you are utilizing a broadband connection. So far as working with a P2P client such as eMule or Bitorrent for the first time, I myself, would be happy to help you out there. As I am certain many others from these forums would also be.

In what you are describing the problems to be and what you are seeking Skizo, there really is no "quick" or "easy" fix if you wish to do it right. A little learning, time and patience invested is going to be necessary.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I was wanting to get another PC by summer's end anyway, maybe this will help to put a push onit.

Right now though it's off to eMule in search of Windows Corp. I'm just going to take a collective review of everything that's been said here, do some searching, and get started next week when I have some time.

THANKS EVERYONE!

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    no prob, after a few times it'll be a breeze. its just a pain reinstalling all the programs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234